NINE , FULL MOON

HARPER WAS TYING her hair up into a bun when her phone started to buzz from her desk

HARPER WAS TYING her hair up into a bun when her phone started to buzz from her desk. Sighing, she dropped the thick locks and hairband, tossing it on her bed before going to the electronic device, curious to see who was calling. Her eyebrows raised when she saw it was coming from a random number.

"Hello?"

"Harper, get here right now."

"Um," the brunette replied awkwardly, "who is this?"

"Peter!" The familiar voice announced, frustrated, "you don't have me saved in your contacts?"

He almost sounded offended, and Harper would have been amused had he not sounded so freaked out.

"Should I?" She retorted, "you did kind of ruin my friends' lives'."

"You don't count, you would have become an Empath at eighteen anyway," the older man rushed, "but that's beside the point, you need to get to Derek's flat. Now. You have some questions you need answering."

"Can it wait?" Harper looked over at the clock, seeing she had about half an hour until she had to leave for Lydia's fake lake house party, "I have a thing I need to go to, and it's important."

"No, it can't wait."

Peter hung up before the teenage girl could protest, much to her dismay. Harper knew she could just ignore him and start getting ready to go out, however, her curiosity got the best of her, and before she knew it, she had slipped some black pumps on and was out the front door.

Luckily, Beacon Hills wasn't too big, so Derek didn't live far. She arrived ten minutes later, which obviously wasn't good enough for the former alpha, who rolled his eyes as she walked through the sliding doors.

"I told you I had other commitments," Harper huffed, crossing her arms.

She noticed quickly that Peter had no shirt on, sweat covering him like a second skin. In the centre of his chest was a hole, still bleeding slightly. Harper winced at the sight of it, but looked away quickly, feeling awkward. Derek was there too, which made her feel slightly more comfortable.

"I told you I had other commitments," Peter mimicked her accent and exaggerated a higher pitch, which, by the way, sounded awfully stereotypical.

"Just tell me what you need," she checked the watch on her wrist, thankful she still had about fifteen minutes.

"Tell me what you know about this," Derek's uncle demanded, lifting up a bloody axe from the table.