FORTY , RUN LYDIA RUN

SEASON 5B

SEASON 5B.

It had been a few days.

As far as Harper was concerned, the pack still had no clue about the amount of danger that she and Lydia were in. They thought Lydia was being cared for in a better unit and that Harper was still getting help.

Harper had no idea what was going on back in Beacon Hills, and that terrified her.

Her father had taken a few blood samples over the past forty-eight hours, but so far nothing had been painful. He seemed worried about the lie that she had told him, constantly keeping guards out.

The brunette often, pathetically, found herself talking to Lydia when they were left alone. Of course, the banshee never replied- not even telepathically like she had done back at the McCall household.

Harper often felt fear and surprise come from the strawberry blonde, leading her to believe she was most likely trapped inside her own mind. Sometimes Lydia's emotions would go silent again and she was left feeling nothing. Just numbness as she stared up at the ceiling, completely unmoving.

The door opened and Valack entered, although Harper wasn't shocked at all. She'd seen her dad more in the past two days than she had seen of him in the past six years.

He sat down on the chair he had propped by her head, taking a needle out of his breast pocket. Harper eyed the black liquid inside it cautiously.

"What's that?" She dared to ask.

"You'll find out soon enough," Valack grunted as he hovered the needle over a vein on the inside of her arm.

Harper gasped as she felt the sharpness poke through her skin, her bottom lip quivering as she felt him inject the black substance. The dark-haired girl gasped loudly, her back arching from the bed. She could feel it in her veins— they felt like they were on fire.

"The physical form of pain," he smiled lightly, watching as his daughter began to cry out. "What you are experiencing is normal with this injection. Actually-" he paused, watching the tears stroll down her face as she sobbed in agony. "Perfect."

He took a small plastic tube off of the table next to him and placed it under her eyes, collecting each salty tear as it strolled down her face. To say that they were uncontrollable would be the understatement of the year.

She'd never cried so much.

Her cheeks were soaked with tears, and by the end, the small tube was filled to the brim. He grabbed another needle, this one containing a purple liquid. Harper shook her head quickly, her wrists weakly springing up to resist against the leather straps.

"Stop," she screamed, "dad, no. Please!"

Valack seemed to hesitate at the name. He paused slightly before his tongue darted out to wet his lip. Harper's eyes were scrunched up as she practically ripped her throat raw with the screams.