EIGHTEEN , FORTY MILLION

STILES OPENED THE door to the Sheriff's office, Lydia and Harper walking in right behind him who were followed by Sheriff Stiliinski himself

STILES OPENED THE door to the Sheriff's office, Lydia and Harper walking in right behind him who were followed by Sheriff Stiliinski himself. While the pack had spent yesterday trying to find the Benefactor using Harper's 'dead' body, Lydia had been at her lake house with her mother and found some pretty crazy stuff herself.

"It's not just that she could still be alive," Stiles continued on his rant, "it's that she would have had to fake her death."

Noah glanced at the strawberry blonde in disbelief, "your grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her death?"

"Definitely," Stiles confirmed.

"Maybe," Lydia rolled her eyes.

"More than likely, yes," huffed the Stilinski boy, "is faking your own death really that hard to believe, dad?"

Harper scoffed a little, folding her arms across her chest as she thought about her father. Noah glanced over at her, probably thinking of the exact same thing. After all, when he had found out that Gabriel Valack was actually alive, he was astounded. He had been the one to find Harper's parents' bodies- he couldn't believe they weren't real.

"And I suppose you have a story to back this all up?" Noah sighed, ready to listen.

The Empath nodded, "we think she might be helping the Benefactor if she is actually still alive."

"Or is the Benefactor," Stiles added.

"Sounds like a story worth hearing," the Sheriff nodded, tilting his head to the side as he moved over to the door, closing it in order to keep his fellow deputies out.

"Maybe Parrish should hear this too," Lydia sighed, giving Stiles' dad a pointed look, "he knows about the hit list, two policemen are better than one."

Noah nodded in agreement, sticking his head out of the door as he called, "has anyone seen Parrish? Haige?"

The Deputy in question glanced up from his computer screen, shaking his head, "nope."

The Sheriff reentered his office, shaking his head. Lydia huffed, folding her arms across her chest. Before any of the three teenagers could start explaining the theory that they had come up with on the car ride over, two loud gunshots came from the room over.

Harper's heart clenched, her hands immediately balling up as she let out a small shriek. Stiles quickly reached out and grabbed her by the shoulders, pulling her down to the ground with him, his arm tucking her head into his chest protectively. Lydia was by them in a second, a scream coming from her lips as Noah dived out of the room, shooting his own gun.