THIRTY-EIGHT , COMATOSE

SEASON 5B

SEASON 5B.

Hot water cascaded down Harper's back, burning her scalp and her shoulders. The blood that had caked to her stomach from connecting to Scott began to break away from her skin, slowly falling with the water and going down the drain. Steam poured from the shower, fogging up the windows and the glass.

She ran a hand through her hair, pushing it back off of her face. It looked black underneath the water, and her skin that had paled from the horrors of the night had red splotches from the scorching temperature of the water.

Harper knew that it was burning her, making her go a little dizzy, but she felt too comfortable- in an odd way- to turn it down now.

The brunette glanced down at the crimson liquid gathering by the drain, her eyes flickering painfully in her head. She winced, holding it.

When her brown eyes reopened, they were no longer focused on a white, pristine floor beneath her feet but black and white tiles.

What the hell?

The water kept going, but she was too afraid to look back up. The closed space that she had been in had opened up into a new room. As she tilted her head slightly to the left side she realised that she was in one of a row of showers. The rest were all empty, the sound of the water echoing as it smacked onto the hard floor.

"Harper, Lydia, you two are gonna need to hurry up," a woman with a southern accent complained.

Harper's eyes widened a little, her head snapping to the right where the strawberry blonde stood. She was under the shower next to Harper, her green eyes locked on the wall ahead. Water trailed down her naked body, steam rolling off of it. She didn't seem influenced in the slightest that Harper was next to her.

Ignoring the fact that they were both naked, Harper turned her entire body to face her friend.

"Lydia?" She asked, her voice sounding almost haunting with the amount of fear in it. "Lydia, what's happening right now?"

"Ladies!" The woman called again, making Harper look over her shoulder.

The woman appeared to be in her late forties maybe, her hair tied back and pulling at all of her wrinkles, making her appear grumpier than her tone. She held two towels in her hands, her body slumped up against the doorway while she tapped her foot impatiently.

It was the uniform on her that made her freeze.

Eichen uniform.

"Lydia," Harper began to shake her friend's arm roughly, but she didn't even flinch. "Lydia, what the hell is wrong with you? Why are we here?"

Lydia turned to her, her mouth opening and opening until suddenly— she screamed.

Harper was holding her ears when she came out of the hallucination, her body crouched slightly near the floor of the shower. The brunette looked around frantically, her heartbeat slowing as a sigh of relief escaped her lips.