Chapter 13: Two way

Zoya stood outside Maya's cabin for a very long time for Maya to finish her meeting. Zoya hadn't seen Maya since days. This time it was not Maya who was ignoring Zoya but it was Zoya who stayed away from Maya. Staying away from Maya was not easy but still Zoya had to figure out what Maya meant in her life. Maya had called Zoya every day after Zoya had broken the engagement. Zoya picked up the call but didn't say much to Maya. Zoya didn't want to talk to Maya but was afraid that Maya might go back to the situation she was in a few days before and Zoya didn't want Maya to fall in to the kind of emotional black hole ever again. Zoya spoke to Maya just enough to make sure that she was fine. Zoya called Maya's office every day to make sure that she had come there. Zoya made sure that the receptionist won't tell Maya about it.

Maya watched Zoya through the glass wall of her cabin. Zoya looked tensed but tried her best to look composed. Zoya never spoke about Arshad or the engagement with Maya. Maya acted as though she had no idea about it. She called Zoya and asked about many things but never mentioned anything about the engagement. Maya knew that Zoya wanted to speak to Maya but also understood that she was avoiding her as well. So Maya kept away from Zoya. She wanted to give Zoya some space and also wanted to wait till Zoya would open up about the issue to her.

Maya followed Zoya everywhere, without Zoya noticing it. She went to the event sites where Zoya was working at and looked at Zoya from a distance. No matter how troubled Zoya was, she never let that hinder her work. She was always in smiles and took care of her employees really well. It was magical to see Zoya work. The way she walks from one part of the place to the other and almost falling down. Zoya had an issue balancing herself and slipped at times. Maya was always cautious while walking along with Zoya and always caught Zoya when she was about to fall. Kind of Maya knew the rhythm of Zoya's walk and the depths of her talks and when would she be completely immersed in the conversation and forget to balance herself. Maya knew it all.

Maya signed the contracts after reading them, watching Zoya shifting from one leg to the other. Maya could easily recognize Zoya's impatience. Maya shook hands with her clients and saw them out and asked her secretary to let Zoya in. Zoya was hesitant first but walked in to the cabin briskly.

Zoya: I need to talk to you. Would you come out with me now?
Maya: Yes, I will but what is the issue?
Zoya: I will tell you when we are somewhere alone.

Maya agreed and asked Zoya to follow her. Maya went to the car parking and opened the door to her BMW. It was Zoya's favorite car and whenever Maya went out with Zoya she always chose that car. Zoya got inside the car and didn't speak a word. Zoya was confused and scared thinking about how she was going to tell Maya about Arshad and how Maya would react to it. Zoya was not sure if Maya already knew about the issue. The last couple of weeks without Maya was killing Zoya from the inside but whenever she checked about Maya she came to know that Maya was fine and was coming to office and was going to business meetings. Zoya thought Maya had overcome the emotional breakdown and didn't want to tell Maya that she had broken the engagement as it might instill a new hope in Maya's mind and Zoya never wanted to give any false hopes to Maya. Even though Zoya tried to stay away from Maya it hurt so much every day and her heart couldn't bear the pain and hence she called Maya and said that she wanted to meet her.

Maya drove the car to their secret meeting place. A hilly area with a lot of trees and mostly no visitors at all. Zoya and Maya spent hours talking about nothing and everything in the world. Maya stopped the car at their favorite spot and got out of the car. Zoya opened the door and went out too. Maya was watching Zoya while she walked towards the edge of the hill. Maya had a fear of heights. But when she was with Zoya it vanished. Maya gets so drowned in Zoya's presence that she forgets about the height of the hill or the wind that blows over her body.

Zoya looked down and then to Maya.
Zoya: Maya, I wanted to tell you something,
Maya: What do you want to say?
Zoya: I don't know if you already know about it.
Maya: I can tell you that only if you tell me what you want to tell me.
Zoya: Maya, I am not engaged. I broke my engagement with Arshad. That's it. I wanted to tell you this but I couldn't. I am sorry.
Maya: So it took you 16 days, 17 hours and 44 minutes to tell me something that I already knew.
Zoya: I was just confused and I didn't want you to feel that I did it for you because I didn't. I just didn't want to get engaged.
Maya's smile vanished but she already knew that Zoya didn't love her so she stayed calm. The pain of rejection is bearable if the person you love is still talking to you. For Maya it was all that mattered at that moment. Zoya was there standing in front of her. After all that had happened Zoya was still talking to Maya and that meant that Zoya couldn't be without her. Maya was lost in thoughts that she didn't see Zoya coming closer to her.
Zoya: Maya, what happened? What are you thinking.
Maya: Nothing at all. Just nothing. Can I ask you something? Maya moved closer to Zoya.

Staying away from Maya for a few days had changed something in Zoya. She didn't know if it was the distance or the fact that now she knew that Maya loved her. But Zoya was sure that there was something definitely wrong. Zoya could feel her heart beating faster than ever. Maya came closer to her and Zoya could feel goosebumps all over her body and it felt beautifully strange.

Maya: Zoya who am I to you?
Zoya: Why are you asking me this?
Maya: I just wanted to know.
Zoya: You are my friend Maya. My best friend.
Maya: Good to know. So that's all you feel for me? Just wanted to confirm.
Zoya: Maya, I am sorry. I know what you feel but I can't be what you want me to be. I can only be your friend.

Zoya slowly touched Maya's shoulder and realized that it was a wrong move. Maya's skin was hot against Zoya's fingers. Maya who was looking at the valley below suddenly turned around and kissed Zoya on her lips. It was all of a sudden and Maya couldn't control herself. All the pain she had suffered. All the distance she had kept from Zoya raced to her heart. Maya's mind was a blur and she kissed Zoya like it was only thing she had ever wanted to do.

When Maya turned around Zoya didn't know that Maya was going to kiss her. It was all of a sudden like a gush of wind or a hailstorm. Zoya's insides heated up. It shocked her and made her numb. But what surprised Zoya was how much she wanted that kiss. It felt liberating as though she was a lake blocked by a dam and was suddenly released to flow on her will. Zoya shivered in Maya's kiss and then Zoya kissed Maya back. She held Maya's head with both her hands and kissed her lips and then all over her face. It was all of a sudden that even Maya was awestruck.

Maya was shocked and she released her hold from Zoya's shoulders and Zoya suddenly realized what she had done. Whatever she didn't know, whatever she was trying to hide, it all came out like a downpour.

Zoya sat down weak taking long heavy breathes. She kept her head low and looked at the ground. Maya looked at Zoya with disbelief and then she smiled and laughed softly to herself. Maya wanted to jump up and down at that moment but she kept calm. Zoya has kissed her back. An action that she thought as a mistake turned out to be something completely different. Maya touched her lips and her face, everywhere where Zoya's lips touched her. Maya couldn't believe it. She laughed and cried at the same time. Maya turned away from Zoya and faced the valley. She called Zoya's name. Zoya raised her head. Maya spoke softly as though to the valley and the night in front of her.

Maya: I am in love with you Zoya Siddiqui, and I am no longer sorry.

Amrutha

**********Sorry for the delay

**********
Sorry for the delay..had a lot of voting and trending for Bepannaah to be done..now the story has entered the next level and its not a comfort zone..so please give your feedbacks.. ❤️❤️🙏🙏