Chapter 4

🌻 Kataleya 🌻

"Mom"I walk in the kitchen looking for my mom

"Mom"I walk in the kitchen looking for my mom. Usually she will be in the kitchen cooking for tomorrow or tonight. "Mommy"I walk to the bedroom seeing my mother sleep with her work clothes on. I sigh a bit turning the lights off.

I walk to the kitchen so I can start cooking for myself. I pull out some pots and the meat from the freezer. I laid it in the sink so it can defrost for a bit. I went to my room so I can grab my speaker and play some music while I cook.

I hook up the Bluetooth to my speaker and put on normal girl by sza.

You love the way I pop my top

Or how I lose my cool

Or how I look at you

Say why?

It ain't no fighting, no I can't stop it

This took a while, yeah

For the way I pump my fist or how I bust my hip

For your affection, tryna be down

No fighting and no stoppin'
Stick around

I sung along while pouring some pork beans in the pan. As that cook, I laid the pork chops in the pan so it can cook for a bit and then I'ma add gravy to it.

As I'm singing, the music stop and my phone started ringing. "Who the fuck is that?"I mumble. I grabbed my phone looking at the caller ID.

"Hello"I said with an attitude.

"Damn baby why you had to answer like that?"

"Devontee, why you calling me?!"I semi yelled.

"Look, I need a place to hide alright. Some nigga by the name of big tre looking for me"

Why now? "Why here?"I ask.

"Cause the nigga don't know about Kentwood. Kentwood dead"

"Ight. The door open"I hung up my phone and played my music again. I continue cooking while singing to sza album. I'm a huge fan of sza. Hopefully I can meet her someday. And become a singer like her one day.

Finally the food was done. The door open revealing pookie ugly ass. "Hi Devontee"I mumble.

"Look at you, you really gone be my wife one day"he smiled. I sigh rolling my eyes at him. "What's wrong? You always look mad when I come around"

"Well damn, do you know why?"I ask.

"I'm sorry Kataleya, I'm sorry for everything"pookie apologize. But I still don't care for him anymore.

"You know what. I have a song for you"I grab my phone and turn on queen Nijah song karma.

"You serious leya"he rubbed his head. I started singing to him.

I held you down for the longest

And I was with you through all of your darkest moments

Feels just like yesterday when we were homeless

Got you some bread, and started treating me bogus

Talking about you wanted something new

Like I wasn't good enough for you

Guess you done caught you a case of amnesia

Maybe you should take a look in your rear view

"Alright bruh! Shut the fuck up!"he semi yelled.

"Don't get mad cause I'm telling the truth"I said.

"Fix my food"he said bluntly.

"Um pookie, you done lost your mind"I rolled my eyes.

"Please, I'm hungry"he smiled at me.

"What about your baby momma? How is she and the twins?"I ask.

"Aggravating man. All I want is my babies and that's it. She think we in a relationship"

"Well you told me, you wanted something new"I sung to him.

"Fuck you"he mumble.

"I did and it wasn't worth it"I chuckled. He rolled his eyes while on his phone.

After a while, devontee kept pacing back and forth. "Sit down boy"I said.

"Man I'm scared"he said while looking out the window.

"Who is this guy you scared of?"I ask.

"His name big tre. Nobody seen his face, he a drug dealer and steals everyone customers. Even mines"he said. "But I did some bad shit"

"Like what?"I ask.

"I took his money"pookie said. "This man trying to be kingpin"

"And another gang coming to Chicago"I sigh shaking my head.

"No, he trying to take over every thing"pookie said. "Nigga got cartel from China, Korean, and even Germany"

Nigga making boss moves. But I'm scared for pookie. He's scared going out there cause big tre.

"You can stay here but you sleep on the couch"I said.

"That's fine with me"he smiled.

My momma gone be so mad in the morning.