Chapter 24

🌻Kataleya🌻

I woke up to the smell of bacon, eggs, grits, biscuit

I woke up to the smell of bacon, eggs, grits, biscuit. Is mom home? I hop up from the bed and wonder to the kitchen. My mom was dancing to the music that was playing through the speakers. I didn't know the song or the lady who sung it. That's her era. Not mines. "Mom I thought you was at work?"I ask her as she stop dancing while picking up her phone.

"I am off and I thought maybe we should go and have fun today"she smiled.

"What kind of fun?"I ask.

"Shopping, getting our nails done, and what about hair?"she smiled.

"Woooaaaahhhhh. Who change your life around?"I ask her.

"Leya, I'm just trying to spend time with you before I go back to work either tomorrow or Monday"she whined.

"Okay fine. Let's go"I said. She smiled so wide then started singing to the song. I walk back to my room so I can get myself ready. Before I do that, I pick up my phone to look at my nonfictions.

'One text from sandra. Why did mom text me? And another text from......' I blush once I saw a text from Tre. What did he text me?

Tre- Good morning 😘

Me- Good morning 🥰

Tre- What you doing today?

Me- going out with mom. Why?

Tre- later on tonight. Want to go to the movies?

Me- sure. Ima let you know if I'm free

I smiled at the phone then ran to the bathroom so I can do my hygienes. After all that was done, I went back to my room to pick out an outfit. I picked out a white skirt, Jean crop top that matches my slippers , and MK bag.

After I got dress, I did my hair and I was ready to go

After I got dress, I did my hair and I was ready to go. "Mom I'm ready"I walk in the kitchen.

"Okay. Let me get my phone and purse"she walk out the kitchen to the living room grabbing her things. Finally we head out to the mall.

Mall

"Soooooo, how was the date yesterday?"my mom ask as we was eating some ice cream. I was having the best day today with her. This is like our ever first time hanging out with each other.

"It was fun. First time seeing my team play"I smiled.

"I ain't talking about the football game Kataleya"she said. "What happened after the game?"

"Mom he drop me off home then ask was I'm doing anything tonight"I said.

"Well are you doing something tonight?"she ate her ice cream.

"Going to the movies with him"I blush. "He text me this morning"

"Oh my god. We have to pick out a nice outfit"my mom jumped in excitement.

"Really mom"I laugh at her.

"Oh wow, Katrina. It's nice seeing you out your workplace"I look up seeing Teagan and her mom with a few shopping bags.

"Hi Tammy"my mom smiled. "Going to a baby shower?"I look down at the baby stuff in Teagan bag.

"Ummm Yeah. My coworker/ Teagan nanny is having a baby"she smiled.

"That's good to hear. Well, me and Kataleya should get going"my mom smiled at them and walked away. I followed right behind my mother. "She's lying about a baby shower"

"For real?"I ask.

"I think Teagan is pregnant. I can tell"my mom said. "Her stomach is poking out"

"Probably for pookie"I said.

"Not probably. Is for pookie"