chapter four

It's just a bet

Maxwell's POV

I know. You're all wondering why a multimillionaire is talking to someone like Valerie. Well, it's quite simple. This is how it went down

I was in my office, at the top floor of Grant Empire. As I was going on with my work, someone knocked on my door

"Come in" I said in my business voice. Curt and professional

Link came in. Link is my brother, and we're like the bestest of friends. We've done a lot of crazy things together, things I prefer to not say. He had that smirk on his face. Something was happening.

"Hey bro"

"Can't you see I'm busy?"

"I can see that. I wanted to tell you that there's a gala being held by Homer Inc., and we gotta go."

I held my head up. The company does have nice galas. All the ladies you can eat

Yeah, I said eat

"I'll free up tonight's schedule."

"Yes!!!!! Now, it's almost five. And the party begins at seven. I'll see you there."

And with that, he left.

**********************************

By seven thirty, I was at the party. Usually, I'm late to these things so that I come when it's more fun. As I was looking for my brother, I noticed that most women in here were turning their heads in my direction, and I loved the attention. But there was one woman who caught my attention.

She doesn't look like the women in here. She had on this one piece black dress, and to be frank, her hourglass body was just perfect. I'd never actually come across such a woman in this business who's like her. Most of them are just scrawny and  thin. She has a little more meat but it just compliments her beauty.

"Pretty, huh?"

I was jerked out of my thoughts by Link.

"You don't say"

I couldn't take my eyes off her

"Good luck"

I looked at him

"What do you mean?"

"She's not that kind of girl"

"Huh?"

He sighed, looking at her

"You'll never get her. No one's ever been successful. Don't you know about her? She's the princess with an ice heart"

I've heard some guys talk about her, but I never thought she was her. When I heard of a woman with an ice heart, I never thought she was this beautiful and regal, so different from all these other girls who threw themselves in front of you for attention.

"I can change that"

Link laughed, but then he became serious when he realized that I was serious too