Chapter six

I feel Soo motivated!!!!!!! A lot of people actually like this book😭😭

This is quite shocking 💕💕💕

*SHRIEKING WITH EXCITEMENT THEN CALMING DOWN ONLY TO SHRIEK AGAIN!!!!*

Enjoy!!!!!

†††††††††

Maxwell's POV

What's going on with me?!?

I know, I know.

I shouldn't be worried about her but here I was, running my hand through my hair in frustration. When I called her, I just wanted to ruffle her feathers, but then I heard the distress in her voice. I wanted to know what was going on, but then she just cried in the phone and cut the call.

That just made it worse. I called several times but there was no answer. I sent texts but of course they weren't answered.

This is just a bet, but now I'm genuinely worried about her. Just then, I realized that it might be one of those nightmares that she has that had her shaken up. What will she be dreaming about? And why is it that it's become a permanent part of her?

I went to bed. I gotta talk to her tomorrow, even if it means me going to her workplace. When I woke up, I had my refreshing shower and brushed my teeth. I got into my walk-in closet and picked my navy blue suit and a black shirt. I left the top button undone.

I went downstairs and a plate of waffles with cream was waiting for me on the kitchen island table. I munched away in contentment as the food mixed and blended in my mouth.

I got into my car and drove to work. As usual, the security guard at the entrance greeted me, followed by the receptionist and I went into my personal elevator that leads straight to my office. As soon as I got out, May was waiting for me at the door with today's agendas. With this, I went straight to work. I gotta make some time to go see Valerie today.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

After what seemed like hours, because they were, I was done with the paperwork. Now, I had a meeting at four I had to attend, because me being there was very important. I looked at the time.

12:42

I had enough time to go to Homer's Inc.

★★★★★

Valerie's POV

I was busy when I heard my stomach grumble and I looked at the time 13:14. I gotta go and grab lunch while I'm still free. I packed up everything, making sure my work area was in order.

I took my purse and began to walk towards the elevator. My thoughts went to Max. That man, when I first saw him at that gala, I thought he was a gentleman but with the little stunt he pulled on me, I realized how much of a jerk he was.

In the elevator, I began to think of his features. Tall with stormy grey eyes that seemed to peel off all my sense of reasoning by their stare. That smirk that always seemed to upset my equilibrium. His dirty blonde hair always well combed, making him look that professional.

As I got out of the elevator, my eyes came in first contact with the man who I was thinking about earlier. He was talking to Lacey with a small smirk on his face. That smirk that makes women do his bidding.

He turned his head and he was shocked for a second, but then he was now smiling, walking towards me. I couldn't help but check him out again.

What the hell is wrong with you? Isn't he the same man you hate so much??

That thought made me quickly come back to my senses. He stood a few centimeters in front of me. I was at my workplace so I have to be professional

"Valerie"

"Mr Grant"

The smile disappeared from his face, being replaced by a scowl. I love that I can piss him off.

"I don't like it when you call me like that. Call me Max"

I furrowed my eyebrows

" I don't wanna. What are you doin here anyway?"

"I came to take you for lunch"

His smile was back now, broadcasting his perfectly white teeth for me to see. As people were passing by, they gave us weird glances. I didn't want anyone thinking that me and Max were involved.

"I'll go get my own lunch. I don't need anyone accompanying me"

"Do you really think that by saying that I'm gonna leave you alone?? Hell no. I'm coming with you. That's why I came here, to have lunch with you"

"Well, you looked a little too busy with Lacey over there."

"Just got caught up"

I rolled my eyes

"Sure you were"

I walked around him, leaving him there alone. As I got out of the building, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, making me bump into his chest. Losing my balance, I closed my eyes, bracing for impact but it never came. Two big muscular arms wrapped around my waist, supporting me with his body.

I opened my eyes to see stormy grey ones looking at me with amusement and also with this intensity I couldn't decipher. He looked at my lips and then back into my eyes, and the shade got darker.

I quickly pushed myself out of his grasp, shocked at that little moment we had. I looked him and he had a smug look on his face. He did that intentionally. He cleared his throat

"How about that lunch, Vee?"

I just realized that this man is a persistent jerk face, and saying no won't get me far.

"Fine, let's go"

He smiled warmly at me and led me to his Audi. As soon as we got in, his scent of lemon and honey enveloped me. I couldn't think straight anymore.

As we were going to El Passo, everything was quiet except for the radio that played songs in honor of Brian McKnight. I became comfortable in the car, watching the buildings go by. The car stopped at a red robot. Then he broke the silence when he began to sing along to one of the songs

One, you're like a dream come true
Two, just wanna be with you
Three, cause it's plain to see that
You're the only one for me. And
Four, repeat steps one, two,three
Five, make you fall in love with me
Whenever I believe my work is done, then I start back at one

I looked at him and he was looking at me with a something I really couldn't understand. The moment ended up being a staring contest, until we were shocked to reality by a car that was hooting at us from behind. He quickly began to drive and the car was filled with this awkward silence, the tension so thick it could be cut by a knife.

*************

(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤