Chapter Fifteen

Valerie's POV

I was sitting in Maxwell's car, on the way to his house. I still couldn't believe that that vile man had raided my house like that, ruined all that I'd worked for. I would have to look for a new place to live, far away from that area, and hopefully he wouldn't find me there too.

When we got there, I wasn't that shocked that he lived in a mansion, but it was way too big for a man to live in there alone. I couldn't bear but think of the loneliness he felt when he was in here all alone.

You're living here now.

Not for long though. Of course he had helped me out with all of these other things, but I thought staying here would be overdoing it. I also didn't want my fa- Mr Williams, to involve him in this matter. It was between him and I.

He told me to go ahead while he took my suitcase. I walked into the house and looked around. Beige walls greeted me, with pictures of some odd abstract art that wouldn't even make sense if I tried to explain what the artist wanted people to see. Vases which seemed to be imported held plants in them, giving the house a nice soft touch to it, were at each corner of the room.

"Who are you?"

I looked up at the top of the stairs to see a girl who was wearing a big oversized t-shirt and leggings, her blonde hair sat up in a lazy bun. She seemed to be in her early twenties, and was very pretty.

"Um, I'm Valerie Williams, Max's friend."

Her eyes suddenly shone in recognition.

"Ohh, you're the one Max told me about."

Told you about? Why did he talk to her about me?

"Okay, Claire, that's enough interrogation. Vee has had a long day."

I looked behind me to see Max with my suitcase, smiling at the woman.

"Vee, this is my sister, Claire. Claire, this is Valerie."

Sister? I thought she was like one of his people.

"You thought I was his girlfriend, didn't you?"

I just looked down. Max took my hand and let me up the stairs, not before telling Claire to stop making me feel uncomfortable.

There was a vast hallway which held many doors, and he led me to the door that was at the far left of the hallway. When we got in, I opened my eyes in shock at how big the room was.

"This is your room. The one next to this one is mine. You can stay for as long as you want here."

I shook my head

"I can't stay here for long. You've helped me a lot already."

He held my hand, and I felt small electric currents where our skin touched.

"No way am I letting you go out there whilst he's on the loose, hun. If you ever need anything, anything at all, you know where to find me."

I looked into his eyes, and I felt this huge amount of joy flowing through me. I stood on my tip toes and pecked his cheek and quickly looked down.

"Thank you, Max, for everything. I don't know what I'd do if it wasn't for your help."

He smiled at me, and I felt this emotion I haven't felt in a while.

Safety.

"No need to thank me."

He hugged me, pecked my forehead and left the room.

***********

Maxwell's POV

I touched my cheek as I still felt the tingles the kiss she planted there. That was my first kiss from her. Although it wasn't on the lips, it felt like I'd been given the lottery. I wonder how kissing her on the lips will actually feel like.