Five

Caroline arrives late at night, Klaus already opening the door before she can and pulling her into his arms. Her warmth comforts him, her familiar smell lingering in the air as he takes in everything about her as if it's his last moment.

"I missed you," he mumbles into her shoulder, his arms wrapped around her waist, tugging her closer if even possible.

Her heart skips, "I missed you too."

He pulls away slowly, scared to face her after not seeing her for days. Her eyes are tired, the small bags under her perfect baby blues. He knows it's because of him. Who else would it be because of? This is his fault and his mind is constantly reminding him of it.

"I'm so sorry," he speaks, his words jumbled and rushed.

She can't help the way her heart aches to kiss him, and so she does. Her lips press against his. It's sloppy but perfect as Klaus tangles his hands in her hair, pulling her against him as she cups his face.

"I love you," she breathes out, both of them completely and utterly breathless.

"I love you too," he states, kissing her once again, this time leading it.

Once they pull away, she sighs, running a hand through her hair out of frustration of the situation they're in.

"I can't just forget about what you did though, Klaus. I've tried. I just can't stop replaying the possibility that if I never found out you got accepted in Paris, would you have even told me? Or would you have just got up and left? No goodbye? I mean, after everything we've been through together, I just... I thought I meant more to you than that," Caroline expresses her innermost emotions.

Klaus heaves out a shaky breath, "of course I would have told you."

Caroline proceeds to move inside the house, Klaus closing the door behind her.

"Would you have, though? You sure seemed okay with keeping it a secret for that long. And by the looks of it, you weren't planning on telling me for a long while," she rolls her eyes, her feeling of passion now replaced with anger.

"I was going to, you must believe me. I just... I didn't know how to. I mean, how do you tell the most important person in your life that you're going across the world in a few months? I can't stand it, Caroline. I can't stand that getting accepted into this art school has always been my dream, and that I would give up that dream in a heartbeat to be with you."

Caroline stands, shocked at his words. He would give up everything? Her heart beats faster.

"You would do that?" she practically whispers.

He frowns, nodding, "of course I would. I would do anything for you, Caroline Forbes."

She can't help herself as she presses another kiss to his lips, unable to resist. His hands roam her waist, kissing down her neck. He nearly forgets what they were even talking about before she pulls away, once again breathless.

Her lips brush his, "you can't give it up for me, Klaus."

"What?"

"Your dreams. You're not going to give them up just for me. I won't let you," she states, her hand caressing his cheek and pushing back his hair from his forehead.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too. And I will continue to love you when you travel to Paris and pursue your passions because that's what's right. You deserve to be happy, even if you're across the world," she frowns, smiling slightly when he presses a small kiss to her temple.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" he asks, his lips ghosting against her own.

"Of course."

He takes her hand, leading her upstairs into his room. Everyone is fast asleep, even Kol surprisingly. Klaus takes off his shirt, only wearing sweatpants. His abs are dimly lit up from the small lamp resting on his bedside table beside him.

She watches him, her breath shaky slightly. She's never slept beside him before. She's never cuddled with him in his bed or spent the night and to be honest, the feeling is electric.

She walks up to him, pressing a small but passionate kiss on his lips.

"I don't want to waste any time this summer. I want to spend as much of my free time that I have with you before you leave," she whispers, soothing him.

He nods, kissing down her neck. Caroline blushes, her face flushed. Before she can even think about it, she's gently pushing him down onto the bed, her legs straddling him, kissing him fiercely. Their tongues fight each other, Klaus briefly pulling away, completely breathless.

"Klaus?" she asks.

His head looks up to her, his arms keeping her secure on his lap.

"Do you want to do this?"

Klaus blushes, the words making him breath heavier.

"Yes," he mutters, gently biting her lip.

She smiles, resting her forehead against his own, "I love you."

"I love you too," he replies, gently laying her down to resume where they left off.

• • •

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! :)

Vote and comment please!

XoXo