Six

Caroline wakes up wrapped in Klaus's arms, his muscles secure around her waist. She snuggles back into the blankets, checking the time on his clock. It's nearly nine in the morning, the sun peeking through the white curtains lining his window.

She feels like she doesn't want to get up ever. Last night was more than perfect. Awkward, yes. But perfect.

Caroline can't help herself as she slowly turns around to face her boyfriend, admiring the way he looks when asleep. His features are calm, peaceful even. She kisses his lips softly before retracting, smiling as he opens his eyes slightly. His blue green eyes meet hers, adjusting to the light as he does so.

"Good morning my love," he kisses her temple.

His nickname for her makes her heart swoon and she closes her eyes again, their bare skin pressed against each other. Klaus takes her hand in his, kissing every fingertip. He just can't get enough of her, especially after last night,

The banging on Klaus's door interrupts their moment, making them jolt their eyes over. With a groan, he sits up.

"What?" Klaus calls.

"Is Caroline in there?" Kol's distinguishable voice comes from outside the door, a hint of nervousness in his tone.

She sits up, about to answer before Klaus does.

"Why?"

"Because I need to talk to her! Caroline, can you just come out here for a minute? Please, it's an emergency!" Kol ushers her, groaning.

She rolls her eyes, "Okay, okay, one sec!"

Caroline forces herself out of bed, slipping into Klaus's sweatpants and T-shirt which hang loosely on her. Klaus bites his lip, eyeing her body as visions of last night swirl in his mind.

Caroline opens the door, awkwardly smiling at Kol who eyes her.

"An emergency?" Caroline lifts an eyebrow, crossing her arms.

Kol ignores the fact that she is in his brother's pajamas, and that his brother is obviously naked in his bed, trying to push the image out of his head.

"Can we talk about this somewhere else?" he nods his head towards Klaus's bare body, rolling his eyes when his older brother chuckles.

"Why can't I hear it?" Klaus asks from inside the room.

"Cause it's... it's personal!" Kol blushes, sending daggers at Klaus which only causes him to laugh more.

"Are you okay?" Caroline interjects their brotherly fighting.

"No! I... I have a date, okay?"

Caroline gapes at this, shaking her head in disbelief.

"A date? I'm sorry, since when-"

"I need help with an outfit, Care! I know I usually don't care much, but this is important to me. I can't mess it up," his voice lowers, getting serious.

Caroline furrows her brows, "calm down, Kol. Who's the girl?"

Kol's face turns flushed, his cheeks tinting red. Klaus stands, a blanket wrapped around his lower body as he slips on his boxers and another pair of sweatpants, seeing as his usual pair is currently taken.

"You're nervous, aren't you?" Klaus teases, jabbing his brother in the ribs with a sly smirk.

Kol flinches, "I am not nervous. I'm just a little... okay, fine. I'm nervous! So what?"

Klaus stifles his laughter, slipping a hand around Caroline's waist.

"Kol, who are you going on a date with?" Caroline asks again, gently nudging her boyfriend to stop laughing at his brother.

Kol awkwardly tugs at his hair, debating whether he should actually tell Caroline while his brother is in the room.

"Don't be weird when I say this, okay?"

"Kol, don't be stupid. Now cmon, who is it?" Caroline smiles, now much more excited.

"Bonnie."

"Bonnie?!" Caroline practically yells.

Kol rolls his eyes, "you said you wouldn't be weird!"

"I also didn't know you were going on a date with my best friend! Kol, when did this even happen?"

"A few days ago. I don't know! I just started feeling things for her and I know she felt them for me and so I asked her to meet me for breakfast and now I'm freaking out!" he rambles.

Klaus eyes his brother, realizing it's probably not a good time to joke about his clearly anxious state.

"Calm down. I'll help you pick out your outfit. Everything will be fine, okay?" Caroline assured him, letting a small smile slip.

Kol nods, frantically heading back into his room. Caroline turns to face her boyfriend once more, pecking him on the lips.

"I'll see you in a bit."

• • •

Votes and comments are appreciated!

XoXo