Chapter 6

"Come on Hoseok, it's not that hard!" Namjoon groans to the purple eyed man while pointing to the moving wooden targets, "You're a cupid! Archery shouldn't be this hard for you!"

Hoseok's blazing eyes snaps to him, "For your information, I haven't touched a bow and arrow for six years, in case you forgot."

Calm just remain calm, those thoughts constantly repeat Namjoon's mind as he moves from his place on the tree trunk to stand beside the blond, "Look, I know you're getting frustrated-"

"No shit-"

"But you have to remain calm and feel those instincts. They're part of your nature, they should be in there somewhere," Namjoon and Hoseok have been going at this for three hours now and Hoseok seems to aim perfectly when the target aren't moving but the moment Namjoon start to make it move, that's when it became much more harder for Hoseok to aim perfectly. He doesn't know why but rushing images of when he was kidnapped just keeps filtering his mind whenever he would think about the target moving, and it stings to his very core remembering and he can't help it. That's something Namjoon wouldn't understand, Hoseok is almost positive about that, so that's why he prefers not saying anything and keep it buried deep inside, finding a way to handle it later.

Regardless of that, Namjoon's soothing and encouraging words gave Hoseok a small boost of confidence and for a split moment as he focused on the moving target, he let his feelings flow instead of fighting it. The flashbacks, screams and blood are vividly playing before his eyes and it feels as if time slowed.

Stop fighting it.

Hoseok takes a deep breathe and lets himself feel the pain, the ache of his wrists when they were grabbed and cuffed. The tears when he saw his other cupid friends being either killed or cuffed as well. The fear of the angry face of the man that yanked him to his feet. He closed his eyes and breathes to calm his racing heart.

I'm not living in that time anymore.

He shoots his eyes open and finally shoots the moving target, right at the center. Much progress than before for sure. The excited noise Namjoon squeaked was enough to make Hoseok proud of himself to put his fear aside for a split moment.

He just needs to learn how to do that every single time.

After a few more practices, he takes a break and watches Namjoon's own stradegy of training for himself. He would make himself small shields with his hands and rise what seems to be a zombie made of just Earth- fast and stronger for sure- while they duel. At that moment, Hoseok realized how strong Namjoon really is; fierce and hits his targets exactly in the correct places with balls of energy or fire. He seems like a warrior- No, he is a warrior.

Never in Hoseok's life has he felt the admiration as he feels for Namjoon. No one has cared for him in any way, no like how Namjoon cares for them. Maybe he doesn't care, maybe he does, but his actions says otherwise. No one would just risk their life for nothing. Go through all that trouble for nothing. No, Namjoon has a purpose. A purpose Hoseok isn't sure about yet, but in the midst of that purpose, he knows Namjoon has developed a care for them.

They don't call Hoseok the love monster for nothing.

After a while, Namjoon stops practicing and moves his eyes to look at the older man, "So, want to check out if anyone has killed each other yet?" To this Hoseok bubbles a laugh but nods, following Namjoon down the trail in the woods. Hoseok isn't sure were they are at this point, definitely somewhere in America. The trees are alive and green with the warm sun peaking through the leaves, giving Hoseok's hair a golden touch; making him look almost pure and innocent. Something he's entirely not. On the inside, Hoseok is very much enjoying his time on the run; he craves for the thrill of life and finally something has appeared. Something he's passionate for. Freedom. Not just for his species but for everyone. Something in him has gutted him to trust Namjoon since the moment he laid eyes on the lieutenant, and he has never regretted it since then.