Chapter 19

"So you mean to tell us that there's something-someone... That all of us together can't even take on?"

Namjoon is have a hard time wrapping it his head around this new information. He knew already that they would be testing on many Subject X's in order to discover antidotes or use it as weapons against each other, but..... Not creature a whole new species to take anyone down.

What the hell have they done.

"You're tell me he won't be able to stand me? An angel?" Jungkook questions, shining his blue eyes, "Demons and Angels are the most powerful creatures in this planet, there can't be someone or something greater than that unless our creator or the morning star."

Taehyung only stares at the floor in front of him, knees to his chest with a deep frown on his lips, "Well, they definitely redefined that theory. I met that thing first hand Jungkook," Taehyung says lowly and looks up to the boys around him, "I couldn't even take it."

"It's strange though," Yoongi suddenly interjects, eyes narrowed down to him, "They just left you in a cage, with the key in the room and the guard only a few feet away, not worried at all that just any one of us can just barge in and rescue you."

The atmosphere in the room suddenly shifts drastically and all eyes fall to Taehyung, waiting for him to say something in regard of that. The fallen angel only remains silent, his skin suddenly sweat with his hands slightly fidgeting from all of the eyes.

Jimin sits up straight, noticing the sudden aura circulating the younger male.

Something happened back there.

However, just as quick as the nervous aura arrived, it faded as Taehyung's distracted eyes looks up and he forces a scowl, "Well how the hell should I know? I was left in a cage that dwindled my abilities. Jungkook is an angel, he can make himself noticeable or not whenever he pleases, obviously."

And just like that, the familiar hot head rises to his feet and goes to the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind him. The silence is almost defeaning, sinking in what Taehyung just said, most specifically Jungkook.

He wasn't trying to go unnoticed when he searched for Taehyung, on contraire, he wished someone would've caught him so he could've show them the true capabilities of an Angel.

Something else happened, they all are sure of that but they won't pry Taehyung for details now. He needs to rest, and they need to get ready to leave soon.

So they all go into packing instantly, eventually Taehyung joining in as well after cooling himself off. Everything seemed almost normal as how it was before, but that tenacity lingers the air.

They don't have time to keep overthinking it though, they have a job to do and immortals to save. So with that attitude they all left the motel and piled into the truck before driving away. Namjoon and Jungkook lingers in the trunk this time while the rest pile inside. The night sky glimmers down at them as Seokjin drives down the almost empty high way.

A perfect night to just think of everything yet nothing.

Namjoon has not been able to rest properly throughout these days. He can't sleep without the thought of his family flashing before his eyes. How the military single handedly took everything from him in a blink of an eye. He's so close to achieving his goal, to start a revolution and have the rights of all X's be given.

But now with this new species, who knows what could happen.

"You can't kill him, you know?" Jungkook suddenly says, snapping Namjoon from his train of thought to look at the angel, who's staring at the moon with calm eyes.