3

Earlier in the day Carl was forced to put her bags in the boys room so it was there and ready for her when she wanted them. She shared a bed with Lip when she stayed there but neither of them minded since they were such good friends. They'd stay up until 4am talking about anything and everything and occasionally they cuddled but they both saw it as friends. For her welcome home party she wore a skintight black dress, the highest heels she could find and walked arm in arm with Ian to the Alibi. She knew she'd turn heads on her way there and Ian knew she knew what she was doing so all he could do was roll in his eyes and let bask in the attention of the drunken men of the South Side.

"You look amazing" Fiona shouted the second she entered the bar. The woman shoved a bottle of beer into her hand and wrapped her arms around her. "So do you" Charlie shouted back through yet another wide smile, this was when it got serious. "Lip's been a bit off. You notice anything weird earlier ?" she asked as the eighteen year old sighed and nodded. "Mickey ? Is that his name ? He came over to the house and I was just talking to him but Lip was having none of it. We fought but I thought everything was fine" she said in a low volume so the whole bar couldn't hear her, Fiona just nodded. "I wouldn't worry about it. Probably just doesn't want you talking to trouble like Mickey Milkovich" she said whole patting the girl on the shoulder and going to get a drink.

Charlie followed close behind her to catch up with the owners of the bar, Kevin Ball and Veronica Fisher. "Charlie" V shouted through a wide smile before ushering her to come behind the bar so she did and hugged the woman she missed, a lot. "Do you know how weird it is not having someone who likes leopard print around here" she said once they pulled away as Charlie laughed, she thought it was a joke. "I mean it girl. I missed you !" she announced before hugging her again. "I missed you too" she whispered back, it was an amazing feeling to be missed, it gave Charlie the clarity that she had a purpose and a safety net of people who cared about her, she didn't have that in New York. They were interrupted by a loud, high pitched scream that could only belong to one person, Kevin. "Oh my gosh Charlie, hi, how are you ? I missed you so much. Are you alright ? How have you been doing ? I hate when you leave, you're the only person who helps with my reading. V gets too frustrated" he began as V swatted him, offended. "I do not" she barked as he titled his head and put his hands on his hips. "No ? Then how come my tapes get shut off at seven o clock and you have imaginary horse blinkers on every time the Bachelor comes on" he said dead seriously as Charlie hugged him, got another drink and went to find Lip and Ian.

Lip was in the same foul mood as that morning. "Hey" she said while taking a seat opposite him and next to Ian. Ian just nodded and she could feel the awkwardness, they hadn't been talking. "Hey ! Dickhead, I said hey" she said while kicking Lip under the table but he didn't move. "The fuck is his problem ?" she asked Ian who sighed and slumped back in his seat. "Karen bailed on him" he said, he was trying to show his sympathy but he was trying to hold in laughter. "So ? You would've bailed on my party then, that's worse" she said unamused as Lip shook his head. "You don't get it, do you ? You never fucking do" he said bitterly but before she could even string together a witty response the one and only Iggy Milkovich entered the bar and it was her cue to leave the conversation.

Their eyes immediately met, he smirked at her and gave her "the" nod so she stood up. "Excuse me" she interrupted Lip's rant, picked her beer bottle up by the neck and walked over to the door. "Hey you" she cooed as his smirk grew bigger. "It's been a while" she said while wrapping an arm around his shoulder so he wrapped one around his waist. "Christmas, that was too long ago" he said while shaking his head as she bit her bottom lip. "I called you, didn't I" she joked as he nodded. "Yeah but it's been too long. Y'know, everyone told you were too good for me because of your big fancy New York life, but I think you in Chicago is just perfect" he whispered as he picked her up, showing her off to the whole bar like a trophy and carried her into the bathroom.

He kept smirking as he pressed a kiss on her lips. "I missed you" she whispered as he kept pecking her lips. He didn't answer, she knew he wouldn't dare say he missed her too because he didn't, he just missed what they'd do together, she learned that the hard way. He picked her up again and set her down on the sink, he transitioned from pecks to making out with her. His hands were playing with the bottom of her dress, slowly sliding it up until her phone buzzed. "Leave it" he said, it sounded like an order but she ignored him so he moved onto kissing her neck. "It's my dad. He got held up at work and can't come" she said as her lips knitted together, she was upset but once again, Iggy didn't care. She was sitting on the sink half naked kissing him but her dad cancelling was taking over her thought process so she shoved Iggy backwards and got down.

"I should get back out there" she said while biting the inside of her cheek as he sighed and took a step towards her. "Five more minutes wouldn't hurt" he whispered about to kiss her again but she turned her head so his lips connected with his cheek. "Why do we always think there's something here. It didn't work out the first four times, it should've told us something" she said, she was waiting for him to react but he didn't, he just shrugged, put his shirt back on and nodded. "Kay, see ya around" he said blankly as he walked out, leaving there, there was no fighting for her, no big goodbye, nothing. She knew she should've expected it because once again, Lip was right, he was a Milkovich, he didn't care once he could do what he wanted with her

She went back to attempting to enjoy her party but she ended up dragging a bar stool behind the bar so she could constantly be nursing a beer. "Bars closing, you've had enough. It's time to go home" Ian said with her arm wrapped around her shoulder but she swatted him off. "I'm fine, I know my way home" she spurred as he sighed, he knew she wouldn't leave so he'd come back for her. "Fine, I'll take Lip home. You don't leave on your own" he warned as he went to get his brother. She waited until they left then got up and decided to take a different route home. She was stumbling down an alleyway, about to smash her face open on the concrete when she fell into the arms of a familiar face.

"Brooklyn ? Why are you walking around on your own ?" Mickey asked as she shrugged, barely able to stand up on her own. "Jesus, you're shivering" he observed as she nodded. "Y'know, you're lucky it's me you ran into and not some perv" he said as she kept nodding and smirked at him. "How do I know you're not a perv" she joked with her hands on the wall the stabilise herself but that didn't work and she ended up throwing up on the floor. "Watch the shoes" Mickey shouted as she fell right into his arms again. "Sorry" she whispered through a laugh as he scoffed. "You're not, I cant let you walk. Come on" he said while picking her up bridal style so they could go back to the Gallagher's house. He opened the door, without knocking to see Fiona and V drinking boxed wine and eating Doritos. Lip was standing near the tv with a bottle of beer in hand and Ian was sitting on the arm chair.

"Mickey ?" Ian said confused as the girls and Lip looked at him. "Why's she with you ?" Fiona asked as Mickey handed her to Lip who had walked over. "Walking round some alley. She couldn't stand up" he said as V nodded. "Thank god it was Mickey that found her" she said as he shrugged. "Yeah well. I'd hope someone would do it for Mandy. I'll see ya around. Presumingly for an ass beating" he said as he left and Lip put the girl on the couch.

"Who did you go into the bathroom with tonight ?" V said knowing she'd get more out of Charlie drunk. "Iggy. We just kissed" she said truthfully as Lip looked down. "The Milkoviches. They aren't good people. I mean look what Iggy did to you last time" Lip said, her head was on his lap and he was stroking her hair. "They're not bad people Lip. They're just misunderstood" she said as Fiona stood up. "Let's get you to bed Charlie" she said as Charlie nodded and Lip carried her upstairs.