14

Charlie rolled over the next morning to see Lip sitting upright next to her smoking a cigarette. He looked really relaxed but the smirk on his face said otherwise. "You sleep okay ?" she asked while burying her head in her pillow as he nodded. "Like a baby" he joked as she got up for something to eat. "You leaving next already ?" he then asked through a fake frown as she sighed and threw her head head back. "You can come with me y'know" she said as he shrugged and nodded. "Very true" he said while looking down and awkwardly rubbing his nose since she was putting on the previous nights pyjamas.

"Ian, wait for me today, Mel loves you and I don't want to be in trouble again" she shouted to the boy eating toast on the couch who nodded. "Will do" he hollered between mouthfuls, she was satisfied so walked downstairs and into the kitchen with Lip right behind her. Frank was clearly unwanted but sitting at the table and Carl was eating cereal while Debbie mixed something in a bowl for Liam. "Wonder where Fiona is ?" Charlie asked a Lip who was just as confused as she was. He sat on the counter as she made a pot of coffee, she poured some into a cup before walking over to Frank.

"Jesus. You look like you've been out in the cold for a month but  we all know you've been at Shiela's" she said while sliding the cup over to him and walking back over to the counter. "Believe me. You'd be trying to get out of there too if you had to go through what I did Charlie" he said as Lip rolled his eyes but Charlie just put her hands on her hips. "House all to yourself. A nice widow who's ready to love you. A new skanky daughter. Food galore" she said as he interrupted her. "Exactly. She's nice to me but not to my buttocks. They're the real victim here" he said as Charlie pretended to gag and Lip got off the counter. "Yeah. I don't think she needs to hear anymore" he said while laughing as Frank nodded. "Exactly. Toys. Shouldn't be allowed in sex" he said as Lip loudly said there was children right next to him but before anyone could answer Fiona walked in, she  was holding her phone and looked distressed.

"Fi ?" Lip said confused as she looked down. She was processing what the person on the other end of the phone had just said. "Did yet another boyfriend break up with you ?" Frank asked through laughter.  but quickly stopped once everyone was dead silent. "Fi ?" Charlie then asked as Fiona snapped out of her trance. "Charlie. I. I. I need to talk to you" she said while putting her hand to her mouth as Lip looked at her confused. "W-why" she said as Fiona just told her to come upstairs which she did with Lip.

"Fiona ? What's wrong ?" Charlie asked as she sat on the bed of the woman she considered her role-model, Lip just stood against the door. "That was your uncle Billy on the phone" she explained as Charlie nodded. "Binx ? Why was he calling ?" she asked through denial as she looked at Lip who shook his head at her. "Charlie. You have to go back to New York" she said as Lip immediately shook his head. "No she doesn't" he shouted a little too loud as Fiona looked down. "Fiona just tell me" she practically shouted as Fiona nodded. "It's Cooper. He tried to commit suicide last night" she said as Charlie's face instantly broke. "No" she whispered as Fiona nodded. "He promised me he wouldn't again" she whispered as Lip walked over and instantly hugged her. She let go quick enough. "Fiona. You have to tell me. Is he dead ?" she said whispering the last part but all Fiona could do was shrug.

"I don't know, they said try so I'm presuming it wasn't successful. He's in hospital. Billy said your mom reserved a plane ticket for you. He said he'd pay if you wanted Lip to go with you. He doesn't want you traveling alone this upset. Chanel will be there when you land. But I'd go. Now" she said as Charlie stood up. She immediately walked to her room and just started packing. "Charlie. You don't even know what you're putting in there" he said while trying to calm her down as she looked at him with tears falling down her cheeks. "I need to see my dad. I have to hurry" she said while pacing around the room as Lip shook his head. "Go to your dads. I'll pack for you okay. I'll meet you there in 10. I'll get Mandy to drive us to the airport okay" he said as she nodded and walked downstairs.

"Charlie. What's wrong ?" Ian whispered. She was met by his face the second she walked down. "It's Lennon" she whispered as his jaw dropped, knowing Lennon had done this before. He instantly pulled her in for a hug. "Is he okay ?" he whispered as she shrugged, still in the hug. "I-I don't  know. Me and Lip are going to New York to see him. You know I'd bring you too but" she said as he pulled away and looked at her. "I'll be there with you" he said while pointing at her tattoo. "And I'm just a call away" he said as she smiled. "I love you. Thank you. I gotta go find my dad" she said as he nodded and hugged her once more before letting her go.

She ran through the street, unsure of what to do. She just ran in the direction of her fathers house but since she was so focused on running she bashed into somebody. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Okay. Just please. Please. Let me past." She said frantically as the person grabbed her arm. "Brooklyn What's wrong" he said as she shook her head. "It's my little brother. Please Mick" she said as he raised his eyebrows. "Is it Ian" he said as she shook her head. "It's my brother in New York" she said trying to run as he nodded. "I'm gonna talk to you about this when you get back" he said as she nodded before running.

She reached Chase's house and just started banging on the door. As hard as she could. "Dad please" she shouted as she sat against the door. "Everything alright" she heard as Cadence who lived across the street walked over. "Cadence. Please. Not now" she said while standing up as he looked at her confused. "Your dads at work" he said as she nodded before running back to the Gallagher house. "He's not there. Lip please. Come on" she shouted as he ran downstairs and the pair were gone in seconds.