23

Roughly two weeks had passed, Chase and Fiona fought as hard as they could for the kids and eventually Fiona was labelled fit for parenting and the youngest three were back in her care. Everyone was over the moon and that meant there would be an all day and all night Gallagher party. Lip and Charlie were closer than ever but hadn't labelled whatever it was that was going on between them. They were still the same old best friends except now they had a lot of sex. Cadence eventually calmed down and apologised, Charlie being Charlie who knew why he behaved the way he did forgave him instantly but Lip still was unsure.

It was early afternoon and the sun was beating down in the Gallagher backyard. Ian, Lip, Debbie, Carl and Charlie were sitting in the pool while Kev and Fiona drank on the sidelines, Veronica was heavily pregnant with twins so couldn't join in. "Did we ever figure out where Steve disappeared to ?" Charlie asked as Ian shrugged and handed her her bottle of beer with a hot pink straw sticking out of it. "Heard he fucked off to Puerto Rico, that's about it" he said unamused as her jaw fell open. "No fucking way" she whispered through gulps of beer as Lip sighed and shook his head. "How many times did Fiona tell us that when Frank was actually in jail, I'd say Steve just got caught stealing cars" he explained, he refused to believe a story like that. "You guys do know his names Jimmy" Debbie began but no one believed her, they had no reason to.

"Who did you get placed with kiddo ?" Charlie asked Carl through a smile since they'd only heard about Debbie's nightmare placement. "Being a child slave was-" Debbie began as Carl elbowed her. "She was talking to me" he said proudly as his sisters jaw fell open. Carl was in love with her so she was the one person he wouldn't be interrupted infront of. "She wasn't anyway-" Debbie attempted to keep going but Charlie just took a loud breath. "Carl, who were you put with ?" she asked as Carl smirked at Debbie before talking. "Rich gay dudes" he said as she high fived him. "Speaking of, did you know Ian's dick was in Steve's dads mouth ?" he said as Ian just blushed but Charlie shook her head.

"The wrinkly ballsack who fixed Mickey's ass ?" she said, just trying to get clarity as Carl nodded eagerly through laughter. "Ian" she shouted in shock as the boy shrugged. No one knew about him and Mickey so it wasn't as shocking to them. Lip was scarily quiet, usually he'd have chimed in with about seven witty comments by then. He was staring off into the distance which she found unusual, he wasn't even having a beer or a cigarette. "I'm going to dry off" he said blankly with his hand on her thigh, she just nodded but kept her eyes on him the whole time. Debbie and Carl were arguing about something petty so she scooted closer to Ian.

"The fuck is up with him ?" she whispered but the cooper haired boy stayed quiet. His lips were knitted together and he'd only occasionally glance at her. "Ian" she hissed but once again, she was met with a dead silence. "Ian" she said a little louder as he threw his head back, sighed and looked at her. "He's been hooking up with Karen. Karen's dating a grown man, you get the picture" he said honestly and at that second she felt her heart sink. "Uh-uh-what" she managed to say but the blonde herself strutted into the backyard. Lip smiled at her but she immediately pushed him over. "I know what you said to Jody" she said while kicking him hard into the stomach so Ian quickly got out of the pool and grabbed her as she tried to kick Lip again.

"He loves me, he knows what he wants, he doesn't use me to try get his mind of the girl he's actually in love with" she shouted as Lip looked at her defeated. "So stay away from Jodie and stay away from me. You've done enough damage" she shouted before walking away leaving Lip lying on the floor. "Lip" Charlie immediately said, trying to show him that although she was hurt, she was on his side but he just got up and walked straight into the house, leaving her standing at the side of the pool wrapped in a towel. She knew him better than anyone, he was in the kitchen searching for beer and he needed to be alone. However everyone else knew her better than she knew herself and the look on her face told them all enough so it sent them all over.