9

At 5am, she finally got off work, she didn't know how long she was there for but she felt dirty and disgusting because of the amount of old men who felt her up. She pushed that feeling away though, she made a decent amount of money. When she finally got back to the Gallaghers, she saw Ian sitting on the steps looking panicked. "Ian ?" she asked confused as to why the boy was sitting outside at five in the morning. "I'm sorry" he said, instantly standing up which had her taken aback. "It should've been me to break it to you, not Lip" he explained but she just shook her head and hugged him. "I've always told you to never apologise for who you love. I'd be a hypocrite if I made you do it now" she whispered as he took a breath of relief. "I'm just sorry you had to get hurt" he said honestly as she pulled away and lifted up his chin. "Don't worry about me, you win some, you loose some. Wasn't meant to be" she said as he nodded before silence fell upon them.

"Can you promise me one thing ? No more Iggy, he'll hurt you the most besides Lip likes you anyway" he began but she cut him off by shaking her head. "I'm not doing this right now" she whispered before walking into the house where she was greeted by Frank drinking a beer on the couch. "You don't live here" she said instantly, grabbing his beer and taking a swing of it. "Someone's cranky" Frank mumbled back as she nodded. "You would be too if you didn't sleep" she barked as he put his hands up to show he meant no harm. Fiona was in the kitchen counting money so Charlie walked in and slammed a wad of cash on the table. "There's enough to cover the rest of electricity and some for the squirrel fund" she whispered as the woman nodded and added it to her pile.

She walked upstairs to her room where Lip was soundly sleeping. She climbed over him so she was next to the wall and closed her eyes, it was peaceful until she felt an arm slip around her waist and pull her closer. "Work the ice cream truck with me today" he whispered as he rested his head in her shoulder. "Let me sleep first" she groaned while closing her eyes as he shook his head. "Nope you have to answer my question" he said groggily as she nodded, "fine" and fell asleep in his arms. This wasn't unusual for them, it was the normal. She was just beginning to stir when she heard a loud "good morning princess" which forced her to open her eyes. "Last time I checked, that wasn't my name" she said while rubbing her eyes as he sat next to her with a wipe and began rubbing the paint off her face.
"Oh yeah ?" he asked as she nodded. "I'm Bubs because I'm adorable. And you're lipstick because you always wore a different girls lipstick on your cheek" she said as he nodded. "Sounds about right" he whispered as he left the room so she could change. She found her old Mathletes hoodie in the closet so decided to wear it for nostalgia.

She grabbed the reddest apple from the bowl and followed Ian and Lip out the door. "I've tried to end things with Kash but I don't know how to make him listen" Ian said awkwardly as Lip and Charlie stopped in their tracks and looked eachother confused before looking back at him. "I've been trying for months now but he's not listening" he began as Charlie shook her head. "That's all I need to hear" she said through a nod, about to storm off to the store but Lip could read her like a book so pulled her right back. "That's why Kash shot Mickey isn't it ? Because he found out" she said like she had a eureka moment as Ian just looked down and Charlie stormed into the store. "I quit" she shouted as Linda nodded. "Okay" she said like she didn't care at all but Charlie looked at Kash. "Ian does too" she said as Linda snapped her head up. "And why would he do that ?" she asked as Charlie paused and pretended to think. "Because your husband has been fucking him for the last 2 years and when Ian tried to move on Kash shot the person because he's a psychopath" she shouted as Linda told Kash to say something but he didn't so Linda told her to shut up.

"You're standing by a fucking pedophile. I have every right to go to the police and have him arrested" she said as Linda shook her head. "Why would they believe you ?" she asked as Charlie just looked at her dead in the eye. "Look. No ones doing anything. You and Ian can leave. Kash won't go anywhere near either of you again" she said as Charlie nodded before going over to open cash register and grabbing a handful of notes. "Compensation money. Ian's traumatized" she said as Kash pulled out his gun but she scoffed. "Try it" she spat before walking out and splitting the money between her, Lip and Ian.

"So now I'm unemployed ?" Ian asked as she nodded. "For the next six hours until I get my new job, I'll get you one too" she explained, it was enough for him so Lip smiled. "All worked out in the end. Me and Bubs should get to work. Catch up with you later" Lip said to Ian who nodded as Lip and Charlie walked to the ice cream truck. Kev was standing in it looking bored until they walked into it. "Charlie. Lip. Thank god. My two best sellers" he said as they laughed before taking a seat on two old barrels and taking out their playing cards and cigarettes since that's what they did in their ice cream truck days. Smoked like chimneys and played cards like gamblers. Kev pulled up outside the park as Charlie inhaled her third cigarette in that hour. "Got any 8s ?" she asked clearly bored as he nodded but since they didn't really know how to play go fish they just gave up. "What's wrong with you two today ?" Kevin said while sitting across from them cross-legged. "Nothings wrong" Charlie said because from her point of view, there was nothing wrong with the pair of them. But with Lip, he felt like she rejected him last night when she was actually just too afraid to confront it.

"Yeah. Nothing wrong" Lip said while sighing. He was slightly irritated and jumpy and Charlie could see it. "I can see the awkwardness there you two. There's nothing there between you anymore. It's not Charlie and Lip. Or Lip and Charlie" he said but Lip just shook his head. "Look we're fine, alright. All good." he said while standing up to serve the person at the truck as Kev looked at her but she just shrugged. It got to about 4pm and Lip received a text. "It's from. My" she said while squinting to read his phone with a cigarette dangling from her mouth as he swiped his phone from her hands. "Hey" she shouted as he rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna clock out early" he said before either of them could say anything and just left.

"Alright what is wrong with him ?" Kevin asked while sitting on the barrel Lip had just gotten up from. "I really don't know" she said truthfully as Kev looked at her. "You're his best friend Charlie" he said as she shook her head. "I don't" she said truthfully as he nodded. "He's been a real pain in the ass since" he began but someone banged at the counter and Kev looked up. "I'm having a heart to heart here lady. Go away" he practically shouted as her jaw dropped. "I just wanted a bag of candy for my son" she said while pointing at her child in the stroller she was pushing as Kevin scoffed. "He's too young" he said as Charlie stood up. "Sorry m'am just take it on the house" she said while handing the woman a bag of actual candy instead of what Kevin was talking about and walking back over to him. "I'm sorry Charlie. I was supposed to be helping you" he said as she shook her head. "It's okay. Mind if I clock out early ?" she said as Kev told her to go ahead and she went to the diner Flos to get two application forms for her and Ian. "And I don't expect y'all to be late and slacking. Alrighty" a quite large southern woman in a pink tracksuit holding a dog that looked more like a rat said as she nodded. "I won't Mel. Promise" she said as the woman nodded and let her go.