4

"Morning sleepy head" Lip said softly as she rolled over to see her best friend on his side holding a pill and a glass of water. "My head hurts" she whined as he nodded and smiled. "After all the alcohol you drank last night, I'm not surprised" he whispered before laughing at her misery so she took her pill. "Fuck" she continued to whine as she jumped down from the top bunk and grabbed one of Lip's old hoodies for the day. His wardrobe became hers when she stayed with them, once she was ready to go downstairs, she turned to see Lip still in bed and drifting off to sleep so snuck out to give him peace.

She went downstairs to a busy but calm house. There was people there but they were all going about their morning in tranquility. Carl and a blonde boy were sitting on the couch getting their daily dose of cartoons, Charlie was ready to walk straight passed them until one spoke. "Morning beautiful" the blonde said with his eyes glued to the tv screen. "Excuse me ?" she asked unbothered as she tightened her elastic in her hair. She was used to men making comments about because of all the jobs she worked to contribute in the past but she wasn't expecting it from a child. "Oh I'm Little Hank, I thought you would've seen me in your dreams" he replied, she gagged and walked into the kitchen. Carl would handle it for her, the second her back was turned the boy shouted "not Charlie dude" and they started wrestling on the couch.

"How did you do that ?" Debbie asked timidly, her voice startled Charlie since it looked like nobody was there. She was sitting on the floor with her back against the wall watching her brother and his friend. "Do what ?" she asked confused as she slipped on her shoes and walked to the counter. "He noticed you, how ?" the red headed girl asked so innocently so Charlie stopped what she was doing, knelt down on the floor so she was next to her and cupped her face. "Trust me, you don't want douche bags like him following you around" she whispered before getting up again to make herself some breakfast, Debbie got up with her, confused. "W-why not ?" she asked with her hands in her back pockets as Charlie sighed and patted a spot on the counter before sitting up there herself. "You're a beautiful little girl and you don't want some deadbeat asshole stumbling in at stupid o clock in the morning throwing up all over your carpet while you explain to your kids why their dad hasn't been home in days" she explained before pouring milk into her cereal bowl and walking over to Ian at the table. "But, how do you know he'd be like that ?" Debbie asked slightly thrown off that Charlie had been so raw and real. "Because some things you just know" she said while putting a spoon of cereal into her mouth before Ian said they had to go and they walked to The Kash and Grab.

"Charlotte, you're back" Linda said bitterly the second the pair came in. "For now" Charlie remarked back as she walked over to the doughnut shelf and picked the freshest looking one with bright pink icing, it was diabetes in a ring but she didn't care. "Excuse me ?" Linda shrieked like the answer was obvious as Charlie sighed before taking a bite out of it. "Oh yeah, sorry, my names Charlie, not Charlotte" she said while continuing to stuff her face as her boss tutted. "That's coming out of your pay check" she scolded as Charlie shrugged, she didn't care, she'd guilt Kash into giving her compensation money later on. "Oh and Charlotte" she said while glancing at Ian before walking over to her.

"I know about you and my husband" she began as Charlie looked at Ian and began choking on her doughnut. "Why would you-" she spluttered but Linda interrupted her. "Every summer he gets a little bit happier but never wants me. You'd tell me if there was something going on, wouldn't you ?" she said condescendingly, expecting the girl to sing like a bird but she didn't. "I don't see Kash like that" she protested but her boss sighed and shook her head. "Whatever. I'll see you two when I get back" she said as Kash walked down with her two children and Linda left. It was just Kash, Charlie and Ian looking after the store.

Kash guarded the register, Ian swept the floor and Charlie was restocking the freezer. It was all done in silence, nobody wanted to acknowledge what had just happened, until Ian spoke. "Linda thinks something's going on between you two" he joked, he was laughing but the other two didn't find it funny. "Apparently so but I didn't see Kash running down here to stop her allegations" she spat while walking over to the doughnut shelf and picking out a chocolate glazed one. "Put it back" her boss barked but she was at a stage where she had no respect for him. "Your wife is accusing me of all sorts. If I want a doughnut, I'll take a doughnut" she shouted as he looked down, she was walking back to the freezer when she pieced it all together and stopped. "Y-you did this on purpose. You're like that in the summer so if she suspects anything, it's with me not Ian because I'm eighteen" she began, the shock was hitting her like a truck.

Before Kash could bullshit an excuse to her, the bell above the door began ringing and Mickey walked in. "Hi assholes" he announced while walking straight over the the chip sections. Ian was watching him like a hawk, the handsome young thug grabbed multiple tubes of Pringles, three packets of cookies and was about to walk out. Ian was shouting about how he had to pay for it but the man left unbothered. "You let him do it all the time" Ian scolded but Kash hadn't looked up since Charlie called him out. It was then, that the bell rang again and Mickey came back in.

"Brooklyn, you work here ?" he asked through a smile as she continued stocking the shelf. "Oh look, it's Mickey Mouse. Don't shoot" she mocked with her hands up as he smirked. "Really ?" he asked while rubbing his eyebrow as she shrugged and went back to doing her job. He was leaning against the fridge watching her, he was getting a proper good look of her and she knew it. "Are you putting back what you stole ?" she asked about to put the last box of popsicles away but he grabbed it out of her hand and shut the fridge. "Needed dessert to go with your food ?" she joked as he laughed before shrugging and adding it to his pile.

"When you want to get rid of that perv, you come find me. You can come over and well, you're welcome anytime" he said, confining to smirk as she raised an eyebrow. "And what ?" she asked as he shrugged. "You owe me for last night" he said as she scoffed. "Is an old thank you not good enough these days ?" she shouted as he shook his head but before he could leave Lip walked in. "Do I get the money for those when I come over ?" she asked as he shook his head. "Fuck no" he shouted through a laugh before throwing the popsicle box to the end of the store and walking straight into Lip. "Watch where your fucking going" Mickey shouted before leaving.

"Okay, well I'm going to go replace what he took. Ian. Charlie. Watch the store" Kash said as Ian shook his head. "Why don't you just-" he began as Lip shook his head. "Didn't you try all this a few years ago. Kash shot Mickey. Mickeys dad came down and shot up the store" Lip said as Ian nodded and Kash left. "What's this about you going to his ?" Lip asked with his arms folded as she looked up. "Mickey invited me over because of him saving me the last night" she said as Lip scoffed. "He didn't save you. He brought you home, it's common decency, you don't owe him anything" he said as Charlie folded her arms, he walked towards her so they squaring up to eachother. "What is this ? You run my life now ?"she said with her eyebrow raised as he shook his head. "Not at all, I'm trying to look out for you" he said as she smiled and shook her head. "I don't need to be looked after" she said as he scoffed. "With decisions like Iggy ?" he began but Ian started fake coughing. "Enough ?! You two are best fucking friends. You have been since you were in diapers. Stop bickering over each others sex partners and just hug it out" he said as they both nodded and hugged eachother. "I'm sorry Bubs. I'm just worried" Lip said as she nodded. "I know" she whispered as Linda walked in.

"Wheres Kash ?" she asked Ian who was at the front of the store. "Uh, out" he said as she nodded. "And where's Charlie ?" she said as Charlie stepped out from one of the aisles. "Right here" she said as Linda nodded. "And whos with you ? she asked as Lip stepped out. "So where's Kash ?" she shouted as Charlie rolled her eyes and Kash walked in. "Charlie. Ian. You can both leave early. We have some talking to do" she said while referring to the box of goods in Kashs hands.Charlie went to grab a can of spaghetti os and bread but Linda stopped her. "What are you doing ?" she said as the girl explained that Kash let them take stuff for dinner. "I'm not the food bank" she began but Charlie was quick to tell her to fuck herself and the trio walked home.