15

It took a three hour plane ride and a twenty minute car journey with the cousin Charlie hadn't seen in ages but she finally at the hospital. She walked into the all room familiar lobby and was greeted by her grandfather and her uncle Billy or Binx as she exclusively called him. They were both very successful men who went into business together to make a bigger fortune and it worked. Her cousin was Chanel, Binx's daughter, a twenty three year old model. The pair were close when they were both in New York. "Binx" she shouted desperately as she ran into his arms with the blotchiest, tear-stained cheeks.

"Charlie" the man whispered as he hugged her back, he was worried he'd never see her again once she left. She was sobbing into his shoulder so he put his hand to her head. "You're alright, you're okay. He's fine, he's awake" he said, attempting to reassure her but she pulled away instantly. "He is ?" she asked, relived as she looked to Lip who stood there with an awkward smile and his hands shoved in his jeans. He never saw the non ghetto version of her and felt out of place. "Pops" she shouted as he wrapped her in a hug and then she walked back over to Lip realising she never introduced everyone. "How rude of me this is the famous Lip. That's Billy, my pops Conrad and cousin Chanel" she said while pointing at the blonde who drove them there. She smiled at Lip flirtatiously and then led them to the room with Cooper.

Brett Jones and Lindsay Sefton were sitting tensely on the two chairs next to the bed, it was obvious they'd been fighting the night before but were trying to play nice for Lennon, Charlie knew their acts all too well. Lennon's girlfriend Allie was sitting on his bed but he only seemed to be half listening to what she was saying. "Oh come on, is this not hard enough, you had to bring him too ?" her mother asked in a stern voice, she was already ashamed and Charlie had barely stepped foot in the door. "I-" she began but Lindsay kept shaking her head. "You always have to show me up everywhere and anywhere, don't you Charlotte ?" she continued as Lip looked up for the first time since being there. "I can leave-" he began, pointing at the door but Binx appeared in the doorway and put his hand on his shoulder. "Look, I told Fiona to let him come so blame me for that not here and you can cut it out Lindsay because she's not here for you" he explained while pointing at the boy who looked really lost. He hadn't even seen Charlie yet, he was still unamused in Allies conversation.

Charlie and Brett never got on so she refused to acknowledge him, she walked straight passed him and over to her brother. Allie got up awkwardly and let her sit down so she made herself comfortable and smiled. "Charlie ?" he asked relived as she nodded. "I'm sorry" she whispered as she shook her head. "Don't be sorry Len, I just wanna know why, was this not as under control as we thought ?" she asked as he held her hand to show he was listening. "I just couldn't take it" he said as she looked at him concerned.

He hadn't opened up to anyone since he was waking up so it was progress. "Couldn't take what ?" she said softly as he looked at her. "I had a game and I came home and they were fighting like really loudly. I didn't realised how explosive it was until Lindsay kicked you out. So I went upstairs and this account kept messaging me, it has been for. 3 months now. It wanted me to do things I didn't want to do Char. So I thought-" he said as she immediately hugged him. "I'm glad you could tell me" she whispered as he nodded. The only words Lip heard was "Lindsay kicked you out", it was news to him. "So you're not mad ?" he asked close to tears as she shook her head. "I couldn't be mad at you. You're my little brother" she whispered close to tears herself as he smiled. "Thanks for coming Charlie" he said as she nodded. "No problem" she said through a laugh as she tried to wipe away any tears that may be forming. "Is that Lip ?" he asked as she nodded and motioned for the boy to come over, he was trying to hide his rage. "Hi. How're doing" Lip said while sitting on the bed next to Charlie.

"It's so weird meeting you. I've always wondered what you looked like, I just had Charlie's tattoo to go by" he said as she looked down and Lip smiled. "She talked about me ?" he asked as she blushed and Lennon nodded. "All the time it got annoying" he said as Charlie just shook her head and Lip kept smirking. "Right uh, that's enough visiting for today, time to go Charlotte, he needs his rest" Lindsay announcer while standing up as the girl shook her head. "Lennon is Bretts child and I don't see him telling me to-" she began but her mother was about to manipulate her into leaving and she could sense it, she was ready for a showdown until Brett stood up. "Can you just fuck off Charlotte ? No one wants you here" hee shouted as she stood up. "Fuck you too. I'll see you tomorrow Len, I'll make sure of it" she said while looking at Brett confused as Lindsay followed her and Lip out.

"You had no right coming here but dragging this straggler along with you was the line" she shouted as Charlie laughed. "You really want to have this conversation ?" she asked with her arms folded as Lindsay nodded and kept following her. "Yes we are. Quite frankly, I don't want you here and neither does Brett" she began but Charlie shook her head. "You don't know what Brett wants because you've been fighting, I can see you cried yourself to sleep last night. I'm not here to see you I'm here for Lennon and if you didn't want me here you shouldn't have paid for a ticket" she shouted back as Lindsays face dropped. "I didn't pay for any tickets, if I had my way you wouldn't be here. The second you left Everton Heights to go back to the slums I was done with you. Billy bought those tickets so you take it, both of you, take them and go back to whatever hole you crawled out of. Go back to your dad because I don't want you here" Lindsay was hollering through the wards so Charlie stopped walking. "I won't be leaving, neither will Lip" she said bitterly.

"He's a kid, he doesn't need you putting stupid ideas into his head" she said as Charlie nodded. "I've heard it all now you worried Lennon will get too close to me and come and live with me and my dad" she said while laughing as Winona grabbed her wrist. "You're to listen to me Charlotte. Don't make this hard for yourself" she said sternly as Charlie immediately broke out of her grip. "What are you going to do Lindsay ? Nothing. You're not my mother remember" she shouted as Lindsay shouted at her to come back or she'd be in trouble but Charlie kept walking.

"Jesus" Lip whispered as she nodded. "Welcome to the family" she said as he shook his head. The pair walked down the Binx who shook his head. "We could hear her shouting at you across the hospital" he said while shaking his head as Conrad stood up. "Swear to god, you wouldn't think she's my kid. We're a good family son, you don't forget that" he said while standing up to reassure Lip. "She comes at you like that again you tell me. She doesn't just send you back to your dad and then treat you like shit on her shoe" he said while walking off as Chanel drove Lip and Charlie back to the mansion.

"Heard Brevin might be coming over" Chanel said while chewing her gum obnoxiously loud as Lip raised his eyebrow. "Who" he said confused as Chanel looked at him. "Been friends with Charlie since they were little kids" she said while winking at him as they walked into the house. "Hi by the way. Listen. I'm inviting Trey over later. So just. Yanno" she said while hugging her cousin before walking off leaving Charlie with Lip.

About an hour had passed and her best friend from New York, Brevin had already arrived. He walked straight up to her completely ignoring everyone else and just hugged her. He was making sure to keep all of his focus on Charlie. He made sure to be as touchy as she could but she couldn't see it for who she was, he even pulled Lip to the side to tell him he was going to get Charlie.

"You don't have to stay yanno" she said as he shook his head. "I want to" he said while nodding as she shook her head. "I'm not just staying here for a few days" she said as he nodded. "I know you said a week" he said as she shrugged. "I can't leave Lennon" she said as he looked at her confused. "I don't know when I'll be back" she said as he raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean" he said confused as she looked at him. "Look I'm sorry but Lennon's hurting. There's something going on and until I know he's happy again. I'm staying here" she said as he nodded. "I respect that, families family, what does this mean for us" he said as she shrugged. "I don't know." She said while looking down as he nodded. "I'll get the first plane out of here tomorrow then" he said as she shook her head. "Don't be like that" she said coldly as he shook his head. "Like what" he spat before walking out. "Lip" she shouted as she walked after him. "You don't want me here. That's fine by me" he said as she shook her head. "When did I" she began began as he shook his head. "Look. It's okay. I'll see you when you come home" he said coldly as she shook her head. "We're not leaving eachother like this" she said as he walked up to her and put his hands on her shoulders.

"Hook up with whoever you want. I'll do the same. I'll see you when you get back" he said before walking away which was so so out of character for him and it had her hating him.