7

Her head was resting on Mickey's bare chest while he smoked his cigarette with a smirk on his face, they both felt so comfortable in each other's arms. "I should go" she whispered once she read his digital clock, 2am. "After round nine ?" he asked, his smirk growing wider but she pressed a kiss on his lips, shook her head and began the search for her clothes on his bedroom floor. "I really need to get back" she said, regretting wearing a bikini and T-shirt going out because she'd have to wear it going home. "I see how it is" he said with a deadpan face before smirking again and putting his hand under her chin. "I'm kidding Brooklyn, you do go what you need to do. I'll see you in the morning"he said as she smiled before kissing him again, he was good at reassuring her.

She walked out to see Mandy playing video games on the couch with a cigarette hanging from her mouth. That was another thing she liked about Chicago, everybody smoked, she didn't feel like an outsider. "You Lip's girlfriend ?" she asked but before Charlie could even process what she'd said, Mandy continued. "No hard feelings, y'know ex to current" she said bitterly as Charlie took a seat next to her and took a drag of her cigarette. "We dated when we were fifteen, that's it. I guess it's no hard feelings from ex to ex" she joked as Mandy laughed with her. "You wouldn't think that from the way he spoke about you" the girl said while shaking her head but once again before Charlie could react because it was all coming as such a shock, Mandy kept talking.

"You work at the Kash and Grab with Ian, don't you ?" she asked so the girl nodded. "You'll keep an eye on the whole Kash situation for me ?" she continued so Charlie kept nodding. "Of course I will, Mandy isn't it ?" she said softly as the girl nodded before smiling, they were about to finish their conversation but Mickey appeared looking relieved. "Good, you're still here" he said walking towards them as Mandy sighed and shook her head. "About time you realised. Keep her safe assface, I might finally have a friend who's a girl" she barked as Mickey scoffed. "My girl first, you'll freeze walking home like that Brooklyn" he said while putting his jacket over her shoulders, wrapping an arm around her and walking her out. "I feel different around you, Mickey" she said while smiling as he shook his head. "Not this soppy shit" he barked but he noticed her look down, embarrassed so sighed and nodded. "I do too, I shouldn't feel this comfortable around a girl I've known the bare week" he explained as they stopped outside the Gallagher house. She was about to take off the jacket but he held his hand out to tell her to stop and that she could keep it. She kissed him for the millionth time, ran up the steps and opened the door to see Fiona and Carl sitting on the couch in the dark.

"2:30 in the morning ? You and Mickey must be getting serious" Fiona said with a smirk, startling her but Charlie walked in with a smirk. "I've been with him all day, I feel like I'm walking on clouds, if you must know" she said while twirling around the room until she got to the stairs. Carl sighed, annoyed that she was like this over the man but allowed it. She skipped up the stairs to see Lip sitting on the floor of their new bedroom. She just smiled at him, got her new silk pajamas and twirled all the way to the bathroom to shower. She came out wearing them and had Mickey's jacket on over it. Lip was sitting upright in their bed, he was like a father ready to interrogate his daughter. "You had fun ?" he asked while handing her one side of the sheet, she nodded eagerly. "I did" she said through an even bigger smile. "Not with Mickey I hope" he said in a warning tone as she shrugged. "It doesn't matter who with" she said bluntly as she put her side of the sheet on the mattress. "It is when I know you're going to get seriously hurt"he said while putting his side on before picking up the duvet as she shook her head. "Can you just let me be ? I'm sick of this" she groaned as he shook his head.

"Mickey doesn't like you Charlie" he shouted out of frustration as she threw her head back and laughed. "What would you know Lip ?" she shouted back trying to stop herself from laughing. It was getting serious now because they were using each-others names instead of the childish nicknames they usually used. "I know a lot more than you and I'm telling you he doesn't" he said a little louder as the laughter stopped and she felt the anger rise in her. "Yes he fucking does Lip, you're not the one who just spent 17 hours with him" she said, matching his volume and venomous undertones. "You're nothing but a warm mouth to him Charlie and you'll never see it because you're too fucking dumb to wake up and realise what's infront of you" he said, lowering his voice as she shook her head. He was talking about himself when talking about what's infront of her but she didn't see it that way. "Shut up" she mumbled as he laughed. "Why ? Because you know I'm right" he asked as she stomped her foot like a child not getting what she wanted. "Because you don't know what you're talking about" she sounded like she was convincing him rather than herself.

"Believe me, I do" he said in the stupid tone that got Fiona so angry, he was a know-it-all. "No, you like to think you do, but you don't" she shouted as he laughed. "I do" "you don't", they went back and forth for what felt like years. "No you fucking don't" she roared with tears in her eyes from the amount of anger she had towards him. It was then that he realised he pushed her too far so nodded and sat back down. "Cheating" he said, knowing she'd react as she raised an eyebrow at him, the tears still glazing her eyes. "Don't look at me like that, not on you, with you" he explained as she shook her head. "N-no, now I know you're crazy" she spat as his jaw dropped. "Mickey and Ian have been fucking for the past year. He used you to show people he's straight and he got exactly what he wanted" he shouted back at her but he instantly covered his mouth, it wasn't supposed to come out like that but it was too late to go back.

"Wh-n-no he hasn't" she managed to say as a tear fell down her cheek. "Yes he fucking has" he spat as she shook her head as the rest of the tears fell down her cheeks. "What are you all upset for ? He was just sex to you. Everyone's just sex to you" he continued while lighting a cigarette as she took a step backwards. "He said this was different, it was all supposed to be different" she whispered as he scoffed. "No, you were just stupid enough to get used. Again. It's just a replay of Iggy" he said unamused as she nodded. "I'm stupid am I ? Fine" she shouted, whispering the last word to show how hurt she was as he shook his head, he realised the weight of what he said, his words were like knives stabbing her right in the chest. "Charlie, wait-" he began but she stormed out and stopped in the hallway. She couldn't go to Ian's room after what had just happened so she stormed right down the stairs.

"Everything alright Charlie ?" Fiona said blankly with her eyes glued to the tv screen, this was typical Charlie and Lip was all she could think until Charlie stopped on the bottom step and burst into tears. "Hey, hey, hey what's wrong ?" Fiona asked softly, she'd gotten up and walked over to the girl who was desperately trying to stop herself from crying. Fiona was rubbing her back and had her wrapped in a hug to try and calm her down. "You and Lip had a what sounds like a really bad fight but you take my new bed and I'll" she began as Charlie stood up. "I'm gonna go" she said while nodding and walking upstairs as Fiona followed her. "No Charlie. You can't go" she said while following her into Lips room.

"What did you say to her ?" she shouted at her brother who ignored her as Charlie rummaged through the dresser. "Bubs. I didn't mean it. You know I didn't. It was just me running my mouth. It's not true" he kept saying but she grabbed what she needed and ran out. "Charlie" Lip said while chasing her. "Bubs please. I didn't mean it" he shouted as she ran to the only other place she felt comfortable, ringing the doorbell continuously.

"Private ?" Chase said confused as she hugged him. It was 3am but he didn't even care, he'd gotten off work an hour ago so was wide awake. "Private ? What happened ?" he asked as he let her in. She wandered into the main room which was just a living room and kitchen together. The kitchen was lit up and he walked behind her. "I made a chicken pie if you want some" he said as she nodded. He put it in the microwave before sitting across from her. "What happened Charlie ?" he then asked genuinely concerned as she looked at him confused for calling him Charlie. He never did, it was always Private.

"I called you Charlie to let you know I actually care" he said as she nodded. "It's too complicated" she whispered as he smiled before taking the pie out of the microwave, cutting it, putting it on two plates and getting two forks. "You know you can tell me anything" he said as she nodded. "I can't. It's too many peoples private lives" she said as he nodded. "Name them A and B and C" he said as she shrugged. "You can't keep all that cooped up inside you. It's bad for your mind" he said as she took a breath.

"I had a thing with A and  I really saw it going somewhere. I saw A today and they said they really had a good time with me and felt comfortable with me over such a short period of time but then B told me A was actually secretly fucking C. Making A not into, well me and A was cheating on C with me" she said as Chase just nodded, genuinely listening. "And I'm taking it you and B had a fight and you came here" he said as she nodded. "So Lip told you something about A and C" he then said as she nodded. "Oh. Wow. Okay." He said as she nodded before taking a big forkful of the pie and chewing it.

"It's gonna be okay Private. Okay. Get some sleep" he whispered while standing up after they finished their food as she nodded. "Night dad. Love you" she said while hugging him as he hugged her back. "Love you too Private"