Chapter 1

Authors note: This is the first story I've ever written. It's full of mistakes and I'm quite aware of it. It's just a rough draft and has yet to be re written. I was 15 when I wrote this. I just want to say that I'm beyond grateful that you're deciding to give my story a shot, it truly means the world to me! I also would like to ask you guys to please be kind in the comments. If you don't like my story please don't leave rude comments, just politely leave. I know it's not for everyone and that's okay we all like and prefer different things.

Any way I hope you enjoy!

Comments and votes are greatly appreciated! (And they literally warm my heart)

HER ROCK

Chapter 1

Ella's POV:

Lonely is a word I could use to describe myself. Sure I have friends, well if you could even call them that, more like acquaintances. But that's all they are. I don't like to hang out or go to after school games or events. I would rather be alone at home in my room reading or watching Netflix. When my friends ask to hang out, which is very rare, I make up some lame excuse so I don't have to.

I get up, go to school, go home, repeat. In the morning when I'm walking around the somewhat crowded school halls with my friends, I listen to their drama and nod my head. Of course, I put in a word or two to make it look like I'm paying attention. But the truth is I'm not.

I'm in eleventh grade and I practically begged my mom to homeschool me. She, of course, disagreed with the idea.

But I know if I didn't go to a public school, I would not socialize with anyone, which would result in me being socially awkward, well more so then I already am. Walking through the school halls between periods, I feel like everybody is staring at me. I get this feeling that people judge me by the way I walk, and because of it, I want to hide.

I have really bad anxiety and to put the cherry on top I'm extremely shy.

The only people I truly feel comfortable around are my mom and older brother. I'm nice to everyone. But that's because I'm not very confident and am afraid to say the wrong thing. I don't swear either, I hate vulgar language.

My friends tease me and say I'm so innocent, probably because I don't interact with any boys and am not boy crazy like them. When my friends talk about boys, they know I don't actually understand their boy troubles.

I know this because they always say, "Can't relate, right Ella?"

When they say this, I kinda do an awkward laugh and smile because it's true.

Honestly, I can't see myself being with anyone. I'm so nervous and uncomfortable around people and just doubt that I could ever get close to anyone.

Especially a boy.

When I'm near them I kind of freeze up and can't make eye contact. But nobody knows my secret about those feelings. I don't want people to think that I'm pathetic or am afraid of my own shadow.

I used to play soccer and was very competitive, I loved it. Only because I was good at it. I was a fast runner, very good at getting back on defense. I stopped playing though because I hated the pressure you get put under. Also, I was injured tearing my ACL while playing on a summer league team, and it wasn't the same after.

Finally, it's the weekend. I hate how the weekdays feel so long but the weekends last like two seconds. Like why have five weekdays and only two days for the weekend, that's not fair? When Monday rolls around, I become so miserable it's not even funny.

I used to ride the bus home every day, but just last month I got my license, and now drive a dark blue ford ranger. I picked this vehicle out because it reminded me of my dad in a way, fords were his favorite type of truck.