Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Declan's POV:

"What the hell do you want?" I hiss; I don't have the fucking time for this; I need to look for Ella.

"If I were you, I would watch the way you speak to me."

Anger burns inside of me. He has no right to call me, let alone tell me how to speak to him. "I'll talk to you, however, the fuck I want."

"Is that so?" He asks, amused, "I think you might want to rethink your tone."

"And why would I do that?"" I snap.

"Oh brother, brother, brother, are you really that clueless?" He chides as if taunting me.

My teeth clench, "Get to the fucking point Hayes," I'm becoming impatient. What is he talking about? I need to search for Ella, and he's taking time away from that.

"Alright, alright, calm down," He lets out a sick laugh, "You didn't do what I wanted, so I took measures into my own hands." He pauses, letting me take it all in. "Seeing as you were occupied with something else, or should I say someone else, I simply freed your schedule."

Someone else? What is he talking about?

Ella. Oh my God, he took my Ella.

"What did you do to her?" I demand, "I'm going to fucking kill you."

No, no, no, this is not happening right now. Did he hurt her? Where did he take her? She must be terrified, probably scared as hell. For that, I'm going to fucking rip him to shreds, and I swear to God if he touches a hair on her head, he'll be nothing but charred ashes in the wind.

I stumble as pain envelopes in my chest: imagining her alone and scared. Shut up. I scream to myself; I can't; I can't think like that.

She has to be okay; she has to.

"No, bad Declan," Hayes mocks as if scolding a child, "Here's how it's going to go. You're going to do what I say if you want little Ella here safe."

I hate him; I fucking hate him. He's blackmailing me like this is some sick game. I never thought he would go this far. Kidnapping, he actually went as far as kidnapping someone, my Ellie, my baby.

Rage churned through every fucking cell in my entire body, suffocating white rage. Fists squeezed into knuckles, jaw clenched, and teeth gritted. He took my Ellie away from me, he has her, and I don't even know where she is.

I should have been there to protect her, to keep her safe. Nothing can happen to her. Thinking about something hurting her, something happening to her scares the shit out of me. I can't lose her. I can't even fathom the thought.

"Don't you dare touch her," I growl, "Don't you even dare."

"Oh, Declan, little desperate Declan," He chirps, "If you want her, come get her," He challenges happily, "But I must say; you best be careful. I have a bad temper."

My nails dig into the skin of my palms; he's going to fucking pay."What do you want? Just don't...don't hurt her."

"You'll see. You got twenty minutes to get here alone." He ends, hanging up the phone.

What the hell? Once everything in my life starts to go right, something always comes up and ruins it. Hayes takes Ellie away from me, my baby. Then my mother fucking dad at Ella's house, what the hell was that?

Does Ella's family know him? Do they know about his past, what that bastard did to me? That's why Riley lives with our aunt. I won't let that scumbag near her, nor will I ever tell Hayes about her.