Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Ella's POV:

This weekend has been so boring, no exaggeration needed, and that's very strange, coming from me. Usually, the weekends are like my jam, but not this one. I enjoy being by myself, actually. I thrive off it, really, but it's hard to go about my normal routine when a certain boy is clouding my mind.

I've been watching Netflix for I don't know how long and I don't even know what's going on in my shows. My concentration is elsewhere. Every time I close my eyes, green ones light my vision watching me. Almost like I'm in some trance.

Then when I see that smile, his smile, even if it's just in my mind, my skin chills shrouding with goosebumps. Why he unfailingly takes over my thoughts is still a mystery to me.

For a moment, I have to pause my show so I can take a minute to focus my racing mind. Now I'm going to have to find the scene I was last paying attention to, how inconvenient. Is it horrible that I actually want to go to school for the first time ever? Not because I like school, but because I want to see him.

My phone vibrates on my nightstand next to my bed. Nobody ever texts me. Well, my mom's an exception to that. So I hurry to pick up my phone to see who it is.

It's from Declan. 'I miss you.'

I stare at the words for what feels like forever when, in reality, it's probably only been two minutes. Am I delusional? Am I reading them right? Does that really say what I think it says? Again I read over the words for like the thousandths time. Still, they say the same thing.

Is my mind messing with me? The words are there. They are real.

Declan said he misses me. Does that mean he wants to see me? What am I even supposed to say back? My mind is racing, my hands are sweating, and my heart feels like it's going to explode. He really just said he misses me.

My hand hovers over the keyboard. I go to type, but I don't know what to say. After about five minutes of sitting and debating what to say, I just type. 'Me too.'

After I sent it, I regret it. I should have said 'I miss you too' not just 'me too.' I'm so stupid.

Placing my head in my hands, I try to calm my thumping heart. The pulse is legit felt through my whole body. That's how nervous I am.

After about two minutes, my phone beeps. I wait a couple of nervous minutes, then look at the awaiting text message.

'Good, I'll pick you up in five.'

Oh my goodness, he's picking me up. I haven't showered, and my hair isn't brushed, and, not to mention, I'm in sweatpants.

The next thing I know, the doorbell rings, and I'm not even ready. What happened to five minutes? That's what I get for waiting to open the message.

From my room, I can hear my mom open the door. "Ella sweetheart, you have a visitor." She calls.

With that, I'm running to my closet, not wasting another minute. "Okay, I'll be right down," I yell back.

"You can go right up, honey." I hear her say.

No, no, no. Why did she say that? I need to get ready before he sees me. The part is, his response, "Thank you, ma'am." He says politely with his boyish charm.

As I dig through my dresser like it's the end of the world, I hear the footsteps coming up the stairs. My bedroom door creaks open a moment later, and still, I'm struggling.

Having no more time to waste, I grab a random white shirt. Just as I go to grab the first pair of jeans I see, two hands plant on my waist, and after a moment, they spin me around.