Chapter 2

Dylan

"Okay that's it, we're going out." Toby bursts into my house, not taking in to consideration that he just about broke down my door.

I take a deep breath, taking another punch to the bag in my home gym. Sweat beading down my face. I need a shower. But that's the last thing I want to think about right now. Whatever Toby wants from me, it'll have to wait.

"Hello," Toby waves his hand in front of my face. And he's damn lucky I haven't "accidentally" punched his face as I throw a few more punches to the bag. "Earth to pretty boy? What's up with you, man?"

Okay, clearly he's not going to leave me alone. I put my fists down, reaching for my water bottle, chugging half of it down before I catch my breath. "What do you want, man? Can't you see I'm busy here?" I ask, and my knee twists as I punch the bag. A slight pain hits me and I wince when I twist a certain way, shooting up my leg.Fuck! 

"You're knee again?" Toby asks. Knowing what I went through my last game, having been there when my career came to an end before it ever really started.

"Yeah?" I snap. "Can I help you? What do you want, Toby?"

"We're going out." He repeats and I do my best to give him my pissed off stare.

"No. Sorry man, I'm not going out."

Toby laughs, rolling his eyes as I reach for my water bottle and towel, wiping the sweat off my face. Clearly unable to work out anymore with my best friend staring me down as if he's not going to leave until I agree to his bullshit antics. Whatever he's got up his sleeve, I know I'm going to be coerced into going with him...whether I like it or not. And in times like these, I usually don't. No matter what it is.

The things I do for this man. Seriously?

"Come on, this will be good for you. You need to get laid. Ally's not coming back anytime soon, you know."

I roll my eyes, fighting the urge to punch Toby in the face at the mention of my exes name. "Jesus, I know, Toby. You don't need to keep reminding me. Besides, I broke up with her, remember. Not the other way around. I'm fine." I stress. "I don't understand why you don't believe that. You're just like everyone else."

"Well they're all dicks if they don't believe that you dumped her. After all, you are capable."

That gets me to laugh. "Thanks, man. It's good to know at least you've got my back."

"Of course I do. I mean, that's what I'm here for. Besides, Ally was a clingy little thing. I mean, what the hell? Why is it that men like us attract such weird women? I swear to god, we must be cursed or some shit. I don't know how you keep your sanity with the crazies out there."

"Lots of practice my friend." I smile into my bottle, amused by this conversation as I take a long chug to rehydrate after this work out session. "Okay, I'm going to go take a shower."

"Okay, but you have to come out with me tonight. I need a wingman. And your face is guaranteed to get me some pussy."

"Really? Is that all you care about these days? Getting some pussy that you can have in your spank bank or something? God, are you sure I'm the man slut here and not you? Fuck, man."

"Fuck you, man. You're just as bad as I am. Stud that you are. I'm jealous that your face gets all the girls and not me. Still, you're my best friend. And, man, I'd hang with you even if I wasn't intent on finding a woman. Do you have any idea what it's like be a horny bastard like me and not have a woman to please my dick? It's been months and I haven't had any real action worth bragging about. Not to mention, jerking one out in the shower isn't as affective as it used to be."