Chapter 8

Bay

I wake up. My head spinning. Light streams through the curtains. No doubt I slept all night. Turning over on my side, I catch a glimpse of the clock on the bedside table. No way I slept to quarter past eight. But, I see my phone plugged in on the table, I unlock the screen and, sure enough, the time is right.

How the hell did that happen?

More importantly, where the fuck am I? Obviously I'm in a hotel room. That much I quickly realize as I walk over to the window. And, this has to be a premium suite. It's way too fancy to just be a standard room. In the corner of my eye, the bathroom door is open. And there's a fucking jacuzzi right there. Along with a walk in shower. All of a sudden my mind is turning dirty with thoughts of what the hell could happen in something like that. But, I snap myself out of that fantasy before I do something dumb.

I mean, worse than getting drunk and waking up in a room that I'd never be able to afford to stay in myself.

Seriously, this might as well be the fucking equivalent to the Waldorf-Astoria or something, this room is that fancy.

And then, as if all the pieces fell into place right then and there...the door to the bedroom opens. A shirtless and somewhat sweaty Dylan emerges. Not even noticing I'm awake and staring at his fine physic as he removes his shirt, heading right for the bathroom. The shower turns on, and I have to try and erase what I just saw from my brain. I mean, I knew the man was ripped. He was a fucking football stud after all. But...seven years does a lot on a man who prided himself on having an athletic career.

Yeah, I'm sure he's trying to kill me. 'Cause I think I just died watching that fine piece of ass walk through here.

"Hey, your up." Dylan says, when he walks back into the room a few minutes later. Dressed in nothing but a damn towel after his shower. "How are you feeling?"

"Not bad, considering. What the hell happened last night? More importantly, how the fuck did I wind up here? Is this your suite?"

Dylan laughs, shaking his head as he walks over into the kitchen, pouring a third of a cup of creamer and coffee into a cup, handing it off to me. "Here, this should make you feel a bit better."

I roll my eyes. "You haven't answered my question. How the hell did I get here?"

"Well, after you passed out, I brought you up here. I tried to get ahold of Mia, but god knows where she was. Probably banging some guy she met or something. I don't know. Anyway, I couldn't take you home at such a late hour. So, I booked this room for the night so you could get some sleep and get over the hangover I'm sure you'll be feeling at any moment. And if you need more time to sleep or whatever, I've got this room all week, so sleep as much as you need."

"Don't worry, pretty boy, I wasn't that wasted. I think I'll be perfectly fine going back home. Sure, I'll get shit from Mia later on. Please tell me she thinks we hooked up or something? Not that I had to stay here cause I passed out drunk? I think I'll feel a little better if she thinks that. Even if it'll give me an even worse headache later."

"Trust me, babe, I'm not going to let that happen. Okay? Besides, I wouldn't leave you like this unless I was sure you'd be alright. I'm not that much of a douche, you know."

I roll my eyes, clutching the pillow beside me. "Yeah, I know hon. You've told me about a dozen times already. Besides, if I thought you were a douche, I would have left you a long time ago."

"Yeah," he sighed. "I know. Mia told me that I'd better treat you right, or both of you would team up to chop my balls off. And given the look on her face when she told me that...one, my balls instantly hurt just thinking about it. And second, I could see that she was serious."