Chapter 3

*Me and My Girls by Fifth Harmony* 

Bay

"Okay, let's go find us some guys!" Mia beams, not having dropped the silly smirk off her face since we walked into the building.

"Alright Madame Cupid. Can we get a drink first before searching the entire building for some men to fall into whatever trap you're going to set? Because if I'm going to talk to even one of them, I'm going to need some alcohol in my system. 'Cause your enthusiasm isn't helping my nerves at all. Sorry."

Mia raises an eye at me as if I've fallen off the back of a wagon, hitting my head and started talking complete gibberish. "Madame Cupid? What the hell, Bay? You really do have a way with words. Keep that up and I'm sure men will be coming for you in a second. Loosen up, already."

"Yeah," I laugh. "That's easy for you to say. You're a fucking guy magnet. I give it two minutes before some Magic Mike wannabe comes up and asks to buy you a drink and play a game of blackjack or something. And then flirt with you the whole night and leave me as the third wheel. Least before you ditch me to go fuck him in some fancy hotel suite."

"Oh come on, Bay. That's not going to happen."

"Please, it happens every time you drag me to places like this. That's another reason I didn't want to come out with you. You always ditch me with some random hot guy."

Mia rolls her eyes, clearly getting irritated with me. "That was one time, Bay. I'm not going to do that to you again."

"Actually it was four times." I correct her.

She waves me off. "Whatever. Either way, we're not leaving here until some hot guy snatches you up. I got you dolled up for precisely this reason. And I'm not going to let you get away with proving me wrong and not finding someone here that could make you so much happier than you already are. Okay? Sorry, but it's just not going to happen. Whether you like it or not."

"Man, you are a bossy bitch, aren't you?" I ask, teasing her. "Jesus, if you weren't my best friend, I'd ditch you right now and call you every name in the book."

"Yeah, well, that's too bad, sis. I'm not going to let you get off that easily. That's not how I work. And you know it. So, let's play some slot machines, get some drinks in us. And just have a good time. Think you can handle that?"

"As long as we're done talking about guys and setting me up with some random...then yeah. I guess we can get this party started. Whatever it takes to shut you up. Alright?"

Mia flashes that damned smile, dragging me alongside her as we walk through the casino. "See, I knew you'd see things my way. Now, loosen up bitch and have some fun. Trust me, you'll love it."

Somehow I sincerely doubt that.

But...fuck it. I can find a man here. And I'd love to see the look on Mia's face when I do.

And then we'll see which of us has the last laugh.

Now if only I could find a man who meets my standards. It should be easy. There are plenty of qualified guys here. And if I'm going to prove Mia wrong, I'm going to need a man that will cause her jaw to drop all the way down to the floor.

Well, here goes nothing.