Chapter 14

Dylan

"Are  you sure about this?" Bay asks later in the afternoon.

I roll my eyes, turning off the engine as we sit in the car, outside one of the few decent malls in the state. "Come on, baby. Everything's going to be fine. It's a mall. There's nothing here that'll hurt you. Relax." I take her hand, hoping to reassure her. For once, she manages to calm down.

"Alright." She sighs, ripping her hand out of mine. "But one thing happens that I don't like, you better not hold me hostage?" She points a finger at me, warning. Serious. I almost laugh, that's how silly she's being. But, I've known her long enough to know when she's not to be fucked with.

This is one of those times.

"Hey," I laugh, throwing my hands up, in a don't shoot me manner. "Don't worry, Bay. Everything's going to be fine. Come on, now. Have I ever done you wrong in situations like this?"

"Of course not. I, just, you know, I have that anxiety thing. Going out it...it still freaks me out."

"See, now that's an excuse. Anxiety has nothing to do with it. I know you, Bay. You're so much better than that. Nothing bad will happen. I'm right here. I got you."

"Okay, if you say, so, pretty boy. I suppose I can chill out and try to not worry about it so much."

I laugh, opening my door and stepping out. Bay waits for me to come around and get hers. For the first time since we left, I think that this little conversation of ours is beginning to sink in. I watch her as she takes a breath, her shoulders rising as she inhales. Calming down enough to where I hope to hell this is going to be a good idea taking her out.

And if all else fails, I have friends here who won't mind lending me a room for her and I'll fuck her anxiety out of her if I have to. Although, now that those thoughts have crossed my mind...I'm no perv. If she's really bothered by the time we get back to my place, I'll seduce her anxiety out of her if that's what it'll take to get the woman to chill out and trust me.

"Come on, let's go inside." I tell her, taking her hand in mine as we head inside the mall.

***

"See, this isn't so bad, is it?" I ask Bay some time later. We've only been inside about twenty minutes, and I think she's calmed down enough to enjoy the rest of our time here today.

Bay laughs, rolling her eyes at me. "Okay, pretty boy. You win! I was overreacting. This isn't so bad. Although, another hour and I'm sure my feet will fall off from all this walking around. Are we going to go in any actual stores? Or are we just fucking around, looking at shit you know we don't need? Kind of a waste, if you ask me."

"Well, if you must know...I came here because I thought it'd be a good idea for us to just get out and have some fun. That's not a crime, you know. If I want to take my woman out, no one's going to stop me from doing so. Just something to get out of the house. It's been weeks since I've taken you anywhere. And, well, we can't exactly spend the entire time in the bedroom now. No matter how much you or I would like that. Relationships aren't all about sex, you know. I've made that mistake once. And I'm not going to fuck it up. Especially not with you."

"Wow. How...poetic. Let me guess, you've had one too many pussies wear you out to the point where sex is slightly boring and your dick is itching for a break and something different?"

"Well, not exactly like that. But, yeah, pretty close."

"Hey, at least I know you respect me enough to not be such a manwhore after one thing. You've all but said that ever since we got together. I know you're not the same guy you used to be. And I respect that. Just don't go off finding some other whore behind my back, because I'm a smart bitch. And I can tell when you're lying. My bullshit radar is one of the best traits about me. I can spot a liar and a whore from a mile away. So, don't fuck with me and think you'll ever be able to get away with it."