Chapter 15

Bay

"So , where do you want to go today?" Dylan asks the following Monday.

I groan in protest, rolling my eyes at the thought of leaving the house today. We spent the entire weekend out. And I'm not in any kind of mood to go out right now. Just once, I'd like to stay in and just chill. Watching movies on HBO or FXM. Whatever's on On Demand. Hell, I'd be just as content sitting here, watching some silly sitcom rerun or, hell, Youtube videos. "Why do we have to go anywhere? We went out all weekend. And, well, you know how well that ended. Can't we just stay in today? Doesn't that sound nice?"

"Well, I suppose if it's something you really want to do...I guess that's alright. What? Are you itching for some casual sex Monday? Is that it? You're all worked up over everything that happened and you need a distraction?"

I roll my eyes, reaching over for his pillow, smacking him on the arm. "Really? What the hell? Why do you always automatically think I need, or by that tone, want, sex after that? Horny much? Have you finally had enough keeping your dragon in the cage. And he's just itching to come out? Is that it? Seriously?"

He laughs then, shaking his head as he flashes his damned pretty boy smile. How in the hell can he be amused by that? "Hey, I have no problems keeping my dragon in the cage, Bay. You, of all people, should know that by now. How many times do I have to tell you?"

"Okay," I throw my hands up in a don't shoot me gesture. "Sorry I brought it up. Geesh."

"Hey, don't worry about it. Come on, where would you like to go today? Anywhere you want."

"Vegas?" I perk up, trying to sound funny. As if he'd actually take me to Vegas.

Dylan shakes his head, trying to hide his smile. "Yeah, no. Nice try, though. Bad things happen there. One minute we're hitting up the casino's drunk off our asses. The next thing you know we're waking up married and neither of us have any idea how we got there. As amusing as it is, I think I'll pass. I wouldn't want to force something like that on you so early in our relationship."

"Well, you wouldn't be forcing anything on me. I mean, you know, technically." I point out.

"Still, I'm not doing that. A woman like you deserves better than that. Drunk or not. And, believe it or not, I am a gentleman. And I'm not going to wine and dine you just so we can be married on a drunken technicality. The day I marry you we'll both be sober. Black tie. You in a sexy white dress that I'm going to have a helluva time keeping my hands off until the right moment. And then, the rest of our first night as husband and wife will be spent in bed. Doing what I do best for the woman I'm madly in love with and fortunate enough to call mine."

"Wow. That's deep. It sounds like you've thought about something like that before. I mean, that's a pretty descriptive scenario. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of that. But...it sounds like something you've either thought of, or have said before. Do I want to know which one?"

Dylan laughs, wrapping his arms around me. "Trust me, Bay, there is nothing unoriginal about that statement. I never said anything like that until just now. You're the only woman I've said anything like that to. So, there's no need for you to freak out Okay?"

I let out a breath, rolling my eyes. Defeated. "Ugh. Okay, fine. If you say so, pretty boy."

"Good. Now, sit back and try to chill out. I've got big plans for us today. And, well, I know you're going to enjoy it. So, get up, get showered and dressed. I'll make us some breakfast. We'll leave in about an hour? How does that sound?"