Chapter 6

Bay

" Come on, Bay, it'll be so much fun. Dylan. Tell her that it'll be fun." Mia says.

We're hanging out at my place. I thought this was supposed to be a nice time for Dylan and I to hang out and get to know each other on a deeper level, without any distractions or interruptions. Of course, that's when I thought Mia left to do, whatever it is that she does whenever she's not home. And for the last few hours, she's been trying to convince me to go to some party. Like we're a couple of teenagers going out to cause hell.

I'm not interested. Not even close. I'd much rather spend my night curled up on the couch with my favorite blanket, consuming my third bowl of Mac & Cheese this week, embracing the single life. Not waste away at some smoke-filled casino, all the noise of the typical weekend crowd.

And now that Dylan's here...I sure as hell hope he has the balls to back me up on this. I already feel a headache coming on as it is, just from this conversation.

"There's a party over at the clubhouse at the trailer park. Come on, it'll be fun. You know it's not good for you to stay cooped up inside all the time. Tell her, Dylan." She urges, looking at Dylan for some backup, waving her hand in my direction.

"Mia's right, Bay. You can't spend every night copped up watching Netflix and having Mac & Cheese three nights in a row. What do you say? Will you let me take you to this party? Seems like it'll be a lot of fun."

"Yeah, until Mia has two too many drinks, and I'm stuck taking care of her drunken ass all night. I think I'll pass."

Mia laughs, rolling her eyes. "Come on, Bay. That was one time. I'm not that out of control anymore. Just come out with us this one time and I'll never bother you ever again? Okay?"

"You know, as much as I'd love to believe that...I know you as well as you know me, Mimi. I know that's a load of horse shit. All of it. Don't even think about playing this game with me. You know better than that. Try all you want...but I'm not going out."

"Oh. I get it." Mia's devilish smile peaks up. As if she's suddenly a psychic. "You're on your period, aren't you? Is that why you're so moody today?"

"Fuck you, Mimi. And, no. I'm not on my period. Not that it's really any of your business if I was or not. And before you go down that road, I was two weeks ago. So, it's not happening again anytime soon. So don't even think about going there. Okay?"

"O—kay...if you say so."

Mia laughs, snatching her purse up off the couch, slinging it over her shoulder. "Come on, it's about fucking time we went out again and had some fun. Trust me, you're going to love it.

"Oh I think I'll be the judge of that Mimi. And given that you're forcing me out of the house, again, I don't think fun is exactly the word I'd be using to describe how I'm going to deal with tonight. Give it a few hours before telling me 'I told you so'. And then you can gloat and tease me all you want. Think you can handle that?"

"Please, Bay. This is me you're talking to. Do you really think you have to ask?"

"No," I sigh. " I suppose not."

"Good girl. Now, do you think you're up for some fun tonight?"

I roll my eyes at her. Knowing that I'm about to regret everything I'm going to say later on. "You really want me to go out with you tonight?"

"Come on, Bay, I need you. I can't go out by myself. You're my designated wing woman for heaven's sake! Besides, I know you're going to have a lot of fun. And, tomorrow you can yell and complain and curse me to hell all you want for making you come with me. But, tonight, you're going to stop moping. Come with us, and have some fun."