Chapter 2 - Hala Madrid

The alarm wakes me up abruptly and I curse at the jet lag that's working wonders.

I quickly shower and get ready. I planed out my clothes the night before so I wouldn't have a panic attack on the day of and worry about what to wear when I meet the team.

I call a cab right before I eat breakfast so I'll be there on time. A bowl of fruit later and the cab driver managed to keep me waiting for a bit, delaying my arrival.

Once I finally make it to the famous stadium I flash my pass to so many people that I get lost at some point. One of the guards sends me on my way nicely and I bump into Carlo.

"You're here!" he exclaims, his voice echoing through the white halls.

He guides me to the field and I sit down on the bench for a minute to get my things ready. Carlo walks onto the field and tries to gather up the guys. I can feel my heart beat, hear it actually, as I take off my heels and roll up my pants to walk on the field towards the guys.

I fidget with my hands a bit until I catch Keylor smiling at me and realize how nervous I look.

"Katalina, meet the greatest football club in the world!" Carlo cheers.

"Hi, nice to meet all of you guys," I say before pausing a moment as I get some hello's back. "Well, today I'm going to have to talk to each of you one on one for a bit while the rest of you continue training but to be brief I'm basically a publicist for each of you and the team as a whole."

They all just mumble; those who understood my Spanish. Gareth looks at me blankly and I bite back a smile.

Carlo sends me on my way back to the benches with Iker after introducing myself to all of them. As we sit I put my heels back on and pass him my phone.

"I'll just need your information real quick and then I'm gonna need all the social media platforms you're on and whatever else the list asks for," I explain as I roll down the bottom of my black pants.

I chat with him for a bit and he tells me once again to relax, which is really sweet of him, and then I tell him to send someone else back.

Gareth. I greet him in English finally and he seems so relieved.

"I thought I'd need a translator, I had heard you were American but-"

"Yeah, no, I wasn't so sure what language to speak to all of you in but we're in Spain so, majority rules," I chuckle.

I chat with the next ten guys and the ten guys after that.

Ronaldo. I could feel him eyeing me since I got here, flattered, but no way.

"Hey," he smirked.

"Hi," I spoke.

I went over what I needed from him and we chatted for quite some time.

"Aren't you gonna go train some more?" I ask him, urging him to bring someone else back so I can get on with the day.

"Oh, well, I'm gonna take a break," he explains.

"Okay, I'll be right back," I say as I take my heels off once again and head over to Carlo.

"I'm not sure who's next," I tell him as I approach him.

"James!" he yells and gestures for him to come our way.

He comes running towards us and I hold back my smile, he is quite possibly one of my favorite players ever and I almost couldn't sleep last night thinking about the fact that I was gonna get to meet him officially today.