Chapter 42 - New York to Barcelona

The plane finally lands and I couldn't be more ecstatic.

I spot a smiling Neymar right outside the gate and I run up to him, suitcases behind me.

We pull each other into a tight hug and he leaves kisses all over my cheeks. It's been a month since we've last seen each other, my vacation lasted that long.

"I've missed you like crazy," he says as he takes my hand.

I just give him an even wider smile and lean in to kiss him. I don't give a damn about the stares we're getting. When our lips disconnect I catch the eye of what looks to be some paparazzi.

"It's all over now," I whisper to Neymar who turns back to face what I was facing.

"The secrecy was killing me," he lets out a fake gasp before I intertwine my fingers with his.

We make our way to his car and we arrive to his house fairly quickly. When we arrive at the door I begin to leave a trail of kisses down Neymar's neck as he takes out his keys.

"Oh God," he begins. "I've really missed this."

As he begins to laugh I feel the vibration under my lips and I step back and join him as he opens the door.

"What's on the agenda for today?" I ask as I take a suitcase from him and head down the hall.

"Well, I was thinking we can stay home all day today," Neymar says. "We don't leave the premises for 24 hours."

"The things we can do in 24 hours," I wink at him before disappearing into my room.

I take off the hoodie I had on and throw myself on my bed.

"One of which is sleep," I say as I take off my shoes. "The sun is barely out."

"Thank God you said that," Neymar says as he hops on the bed. "I'm really tired."

"Is it still called a siesta if it's at five in the morning?" I joke before cuddling up to him and closing my eyes.

When I finally open them again it's around one in the afternoon and I'm the only one in bed. Guess I was more tired than Neymar.

I walk out the door with my unbuttoned jeans and bump into someone since I was too busy rubbing my eyes.

"Sorry, babe," I say before taking my hands away from my face.

"It's alright, babe," Piqué starts. "Nice color underwear."

He walks down the hall and I follow as I button up my jeans and I find Leo, Neymar, and Marc sitting on the couch.

I tread into the kitchen and find Antonella and Shakira prepping some food.

"Jet lag," Shakira teases. "How are you, love?"

"Oh," I let out a little laugh before kissing them both on their cheeks. "I'm great. How about you two?"

"Fantastic," Anto answers.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Barbecue for your coming home," Shakira explains as she leans against the counter. "You just missed Caro, she sends her best, came to drop off Davi. She said she couldn't stay."

"Where are the boys?" I ask.

"Which ones?" Anto laughs.

I greet Leo and Marc through under the cabinets and they smile and wave back.

"I'll go check on the kids," Shakira says.

"I wanna see them," I say before I follow her out to the yard. "You left them alone here?"

"I just came indoors as you woke up," Shakira explains. "So, Anto tells me you and Neymar have been together for six months."

"Oh my God," I gasp. "That's half a year."

"Time flies," Shakira says as Leo slides open the door and comes outside.

"How was New York?" Lionel asks as he starts up the grill.

"Oh, it was great," I start. "I've missed my family so much and all my friends, the city too, it was all fantastic."

"I saw James visited," Leo says and turns to face me.

"Yeah, he came by for a week and a half," I say. "You saw?"

"Yeah well, on a gossip magazine," he shrugs.

"That's the last thing I want," I say. "My face on a magazine."

"Too late, hun," Shakira says and I turn to face her. "Neymar told me you've been seen together. You just wait."

Davi comes up to me and I sit him on my lap. I never really thought about it all; having the title of a footballers girlfriend to the public. We've managed to keep it low key for this long, just as long as nothing ruins our sanity.

Neymar comes through the door with Marc and I give Marc a kiss on the cheek as he comes up to me and sits down across from me.

"Tell me about New York," he smiles.

After an argument about Piqué grilling, the three of us girls took over the grill and served everyone. We were out till around seven at night when it began to cool down. I looked around the table at the company I had; never in a million years would I have expected to be sitting here with them all. Actually enjoying my life in Barcelona, Madrid was all a blur in that moment.

We were all laughing at something Leo said and I turned to look at a laughing Neymar and found my heart fluttering for a second. That hasn't happened to me in the longest time. I have no idea how this is all going to end, but for now I'm going to enjoy this. I take it in one last time because I forgot how great romance is.

Neymar shuts the door as the last couple leaves the house. We were now alone. Carolina dropped by earlier and I got to spend some time with her before she took Davi with her and left to go back home. I wipe my wet hands on a towel and walk out of the kitchen and stand straight out in front of Neymar.

"Well," he starts. "That was a blast."

"Indeed it was," I smile.

We're still stood there, yards away from one another, staring.

"Did you know we've been together for half a year?" I ask.

"Best half a year of this year," he jokes.

"You're an idiot," I laugh as I walk up to him.

"Call me anything but that," he whispers as I'm stood in front of him.

"You're mine," I say before leaving a kiss on his lips.

"I've missed you so much," he says.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you how crazy it's been without you," I tell him.

"Try me," he smirks.

We begin to walk down the hall, kissing one another, stumbling up the small steps to get to the main hall that takes us to the rooms. We just walk straight to his room, an involuntary movement- a rhythm if you will. My room is practically non-existent at this point.

I wake up around three in the morning and sit straight up. It was a nightmare that woke me. I turn to my right to see a half naked Neymar struggling to stay asleep.

He puts his hand on the small of my back and I shift closer to him.

"I'm sorry," I whisper as I get closer to him.

"We're like two puzzle pieces," he mumbles.

"I love you," I say.

"I love you."