Chapter 30 - Barcelona to Buenos Aires

A month in at my new job and I'm set to go to an Argentinean match with Leo.

We had some endorsements to fulfill before the game and one online advertisement. Neymar had a match back at home in Brazil the week after so I'm set to fly out to him after the Argentina match for the interview I had set up for him.

"It's great. I have a list of places to take you to," Leo assures me when I ask about Argentina once again to get a sparkle in his eyes.

We're sat waiting to be allowed to board the plane and we sit there for a bit.

He asks about Real and Madrid in general and I tell him about it all. I tell him about the kit that got me there, about my first photo shoot with the guys, meeting them all, and so forth.

He can't wipe the smile off his face throughout my boring story telling, he's become quite a good friend of mine.

I took the liberty of taking Antonella and Thiago to the airport yesterday since we're set to meet them there before the match. He thanks me once again before we finally get on the plane.

"It's a thirteen hour flight, love," Leo tells me. "We've got enough time to chat."

I simply nod as he takes out the pillow and blanket from the bags provided. I do the same with the headphones and shortly after the plane takes off.

I watch two movies then decide to go to sleep, Leo has been sleeping since we boarded and I don't blame him, he has to be exhausted from the training yesterday.

The stewardess walking my way sits down in the seat next to mine.

"I have a theory, football players love to fly since it's the only relaxing time they have," she speaks.

I chuckle at the idea then respond.

"You know, I think you're right," I smile.

I end up having a nice chat with the flight attendant for half an hour or so and she asks me about my job. She says she's always wondered what kind of job gets you to fly with footballers half way across the globe. I didn't catch her name but she had duties to attend to so I went back to my prior plan of sleeping.

I wake up six hours later to a fully awake Messi watching a comedy on the screen in front of him.

I smile as he laughs at a joke and then turn around to face the aisle again. Just my luck, the drink cart is coming my way and I ask for a bottle of water as Leo asks for a soda.

I take out a book to read and an hour later when Leo finishes up his movie we get to talking about our lives and telling jokes again.

The plane finally lands another hour later and Leo guides me out the airport where a car is waiting for the both of us. It takes us to the hotel and I meet the Argentinean team and coach briefly before they go out to eat. I was welcomed by them all and invited to join them but I promised Leo I'd go hang out with Antonella for a while, something he thought would do her some good.

"Hey!" Anto greets me before kissing me on the cheek and making Thiago wave at me.

"Hey, sweetie," I look at him in her arms and greet her right after.

Their home here is really nice and we only spend a couple of minutes in it before Antonella insists on taking me out to some shops.

We grab a bite to eat as we make our way through the town. I get some calls from Leo checking up on us and one call from Neymar.

"Hey, babe," he says.

"You don't have the right to call me that," I tell him. "You gotta seal it all with a kiss. What we have is nothing yet."