Chapter 28 - Neymar

I get out of work the next day and take a taxi back to Neymar's.

He finally had to train today so he had no time to pick me up which is good since I insisted on him not doing so.

I arrive at his place and ring the bell, knowing Carolina was in there with Davi.

I smile at her as she does the same back once the door opens and she asks me how my day went.

"Great, yeah," I tell her as I greet Davi. "Finally had work to do today."

"But it's only your second day," she states as she comes back into the kitchen to finish feeding Davi.

"I have a ton of things to set up before meeting the guys tomorrow," I explain as I settle my things on the counter and look for a bottle of water.

"Your job really does sound amazing," she looks back at me.

"It's a dream," I tell her. "A stressful dream."

"Try this little monster," she says pinching Davi's nose then kissing it right after.

"Your son is beyond perfect," I assure her as I head to my room to leave everything there and change.

I come back a moment later and Carolina is cleaning up.

"Thank you," she says.

"It's true-"

"No, just thank you for how you treat Davi," she smiles as she shuts off the sink. "And Neymar."

I stay quiet, a bit confused about the second part.

"My pleasure," I assure her as I go on and help her with the dishes.

"I know Neymar really likes you, and I can see why," Carolina starts. "You're one of- the only girl I approve of. Everyone uses Davi as a gateway to Neymar but you truly care and you're, excuse my French, not full of shit."

I chuckle at the last part.

"Most girls he brings home are?" I ask.

"You wouldn't believe," she rolls her eyes. "I don't know, I just felt like I had to give you the obligatory 'be careful how you treat my son' speech but I know now that I don't."

"You don't have to worry-"

"But here's my obligatory 'be careful how you treat Neymar' speech," Carolina says in all seriousness. "I know you're a really smart girl and not at all after him for his name, that's if you do like him back, but Neymar means a lot to me and my son. Don't hurt him."

I take in all that she said. I would never want to hurt Neymar, but I see now that I either tell him our relationship is strictly professional or I give into the feeling creeping up inside me whenever I see him.

"Of course, I understand," I tell her.

Neymar arrives home a while later as Carolina and I are sat talking in the living room whilst Davi watches a children's program.

"How was your day?" Carolina asks.

He looks absolutely exhausted when Davi comes running up to him.

"Good," he simply states.

"We don't have to go out tonight," I tell him.

"Oh yes we do," he says, walking over to the both of us.

"You two are going out?" Carolina asks. "Good now I have an excuse to take Davi back home," she smiles.

Neymar kisses him real quick before handing him back to Carolina.