°Temptation°

[Continued.]

::Jacob::

Complete silence struck the room and I only felt the tension of an uneasy fear...

I looked back to Serenity, she looked ahead and bit her nails. Her fingers, slightly shaking skittishly. I furrowed my eyebrows, she's not okay at all right now. I scooted over towards her, she hadn't noticed. I set my hand upon her thigh. She stopped what she was doing. Serenity looked at me, her eyes glassy and pure fear filled them. That's the tension I was feeling, the uneasy fear. I removed some of her hair from her face.

"What's the matter? We should really talk now." I stated.

"Can we go into the lounge?" Serenity asked.

"Of course, I'll have one of the other workers fill in for us at the moment." I explained. She nodded.

We were soon inside of the lounge. Serenity sat down nonchalantly on the resting couch. I sat next to her, in concern and so much more.

"So, what's on your mind?" I asked.

"I think, Lance is cheating on me." Serenity said.

"Why? What has happened?" I asked.

"He leaves me so early in the morning, and comes home so late. He hides his phone and constantly yells at me when I suspect something." Serenity explained.

Little did she know, I already knew about this. I only took a deep breath, taking her hands in mine.

"Serenity, I'm so sorry." I said, looking into her beautiful brown, sparkly eyes. She gave me a warm smile and eventually brought herself into my arms.

I gave her a nice squeeze. She only took steady, deep breaths as her head rested upon my shoulder. I absolutely loved holding her so close to me, like this. Not only did I love the feeling of comforting her, but I loved the feeling to be comforted.

"What should I do?" Serenity had suddenly asked.

"Well, I'd talk to him about it. If he wants to deny it, do more investigation on your part. I know it might seem dangerous, but I know for a fact you'll find what you're yearning to know." I explained to Serenity.

Her attention was fully glued to me. Which I loved. This day, and moment couldn't get any more better. I felt something happening. Her fingers began gliding down my arm, just out of her own boredom. Her other hand caressed beneath her chin, as she did so. I could tell that she was in deep thought. I hadn't noticed how close we were to each other until I felt her breath breeze past my face. My eyes had instantly shot up, looking into her face as she continued to look down.

Her long eyelashes laid angelically upon her plump cheeks, as always. Her hair placed in a very beautiful position. Her outfit always on  point. Lastly, her body. Thinking about all of this, only made me more eager. The temptation was too real.

"Jacob?" Serenity's voice asked, innocently.

"Yeah?" I asked, shaking out of my thoughts and looking at her.

"What you told me to do is completely right, so I'm going to give it a try." Serenity said.

"Good. I'm proud of you." I smiled.

"Thank you. I seriously owe you a lot." Serenity said.

"Awe, your presence is always good enough for me ma." I said. She blushed, and giggled. I found that so cute.

"Well if anything goes wrong, would it be okay just to call you?" Serenity asked.

"Of course. That's perfectly fine, you know I always have your back." I explained. She nodded and threw herself into my arms. I hugged back, with the most joy inside of me.