°Admiration Beats Everything°

::Serenity::

"Because, I love you!"

My heart immediately dropped. I couldn't dare fathom the words that had just came out of his mouth. He stood breathing so hard. Still in front of my face. I was slightly scared, and a tear suddenly slipped from my eye.

"Jacob... p-please calm down." I stuttered just to make sure nothing more would happen.

He took a deep breath and just sat on the ground. He put his head down in what looked like shame. I looked to Dr. Jacqueline and pointed her out in the hall to have a word with her.

"Serenity dear, I'm so sorry I should've warned you about this." Dr. J explained.

"It's fine, I just want to talk to him alone if that's alright." I said.

"Sure, go ahead. It seems as if you're the only one to calm him down anyhow." She explained.

I nodded and went back into the room, slowly. He was still sitting in that same position. I crouched next to him for comfort, in all knowing that his biggest emotion has been revealed. He was feeling hopeless and overwhelmed, maybe even misunderstood by many. But as for me being here, I completely understand.

"Hey Jacob, sweetheart are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess." He responded looking up at me.

"I'm sorry if I caused you to outburst like that." I said.

"It's not your fault Serenity, I'm sorry. I should've told you that I loved you more than a friend sooner. Now it's too late." Jacob explained.

"How is it too late?" I asked.

"Because you're already in love with someone,  and even if I asked you now I bet you'd still reject me." Jacob said.

"Hun, what do you mean still reject you?" I asked.

"When we were in high school, I asked you out multiple times and you said no for a reason that I still don't get." He spoke quietly.

"I said no because you were my best friend and I never even knew that the feelings you have for me now were actually this strong then too. Jacob, I'm so sorry I hurt you." I said.

I felt the need to hug him. We both needed it.

"It's fine, I promise. I know how to handle situations alone." Jacob shrugged.

"But you're not alone Jacob. I'm here for you, no matter what." I said.

"Serenity, look just go back home to Lance. You obviously don't want me. I'm not your type nor pace. You know my sicknesses now and there's no way you'd be with a psychotic boy." Jacob explained.

"But Jacob those words never came out of my mouth. You don't know what I feel, and I'm not even sure how I do feel anymore. About being in relationship or anything. I'm just as stuck." I exclaimed.

"No need to raise your voice." Jacob mumbled.

"S-sorry." I stuttered, another tear fell down my cheek.

"I'm sorry too." Jacob sighed as he stood up.

"What are you sorry for? You didn't do anything." I said, standing up along side him.

"I love you Serenity, it's out! That secret I've been holding in since we were fourteen is out! And I can't take it back." Jacob said sternly.

"What's so wrong with it?" I asked.

"Because you don't understand what being in love for a long period of time feels like and only have to stay the one you truly love's friend. It's stressful, and you build so much up because you don't want to push anything. You just have to wait until they feel the same. It's either they will eventually soon or never!" Jacob explained, tears streamed down his face.