°Your Love is Elusive°

::Serenity::

At the hospital, I sat with Jacob with so much patience. He still had no clue what was wrong with me. I felt ashamed that I didn't tell him any earlier.

"Well, the results are back Miss James. You are, indeed pregnant." He said.

I nodded my head once he left the room. Jacob looked at me, I didn't look back but I saw him staring from the corner of my eye.

"Is the baby mine?" Jacob asked.

"Yes." I said, looking towards him finally.

The worried look from his face wore off and he crack a small smile.

"Serenity, I know right now is really messed and everything. But I'm making you a promise right now, I will be here with you no matter what. You're my girl so I gotta protect what's ours." Jacob explained.

"Jacob sweetheart, I know you're in love with me but I'm not sure if we're going to work out. I don't know how I feel about you still, I'm so confused." I said.

"Beautiful, I got you like no other if you'd just pay attention and stop worrying about Lance you'd see it." Jacob said.

"I'm not trying to worry about him but he's so beat up that I don't think he's going to live." I said.

"Were you going to break things off with him?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah, I just don't know when to tell him. He needs someone." I said.

"I understand but you can still be his friend. How about you go talk to him. We're here in the hospital anyhow." Jacob suggested.

"Okay, if the nurse or doctor comes back just tell them I'm visiting a patient." I said.

"Alright, good luck." Jacob said.

With my gown all tied up, I began walking down the wide hallways. Filled with fluorescent lights, in which some flickered. The walls were white, the floors were tile white and as I walked my feet clapped with every step. Being so little, I felt alone and stuck like I was in a never ending dream. I hugged myself as I felt goose bumps coming along my arms. I looked for Lance's room, only eager to say what I needed to and leave in peace and not sadness. I found his patient name on the door, knocking before I entered. Once I entered I stopped, with a look of disbelief.

"Lance, w-who's this woman?" I asked.

"Oh Serenity, I-I can explain." Lance said.

I looked towards the beautiful red headed girl, she was tall and skinny with piercing green eyes to match her look. When I had walked in, from the beginning I had seen her kiss his lips. I never thought I'd see the day to believe that he was actually with someone else while he was with me. I sucked my teeth, and entered his room a bit more.

"Who is she?" I asked, once again.

"First off, why are you in a hospital gown?" Lance asked.

"None of your concern until you tell me who she is." I sniffle as I cross my arms.

"Serenity, this is the woman I've cheated on you with for over a few months now. Her name is Bella." Lance explained.

With a blank face, I stood there... not even saying a word. Of, course this was devastating but not as much. I rolled my eyes and huffed, I began swinging my hands amongst my sides.

"So that's it. We're officially done. I'll come and get my stuff soon. Never ever talk to me again, everything we had was bullshit. Bella, sweetie, I hope he beats you better than he beat me. If he really loves you, he'll make you blood and nearly kill you or would that be hate from irritation?" I asked.