°Echoes of Mourn°

::Jacob::

I'm hurting my baby girl, my most prized possession because of my twisted accusations. I found myself staring at her, in pity. This needed to stop. I wasn't right for this at all and the amount of people I hurt in the process. I sat next to Serenity as she laid on my bed, still asleep from when I made her pass out. I felt so terrible, tears came to my eyes knowing that she'd be awake any minute now but what if she didn't awaken? What was I to do? Our baby is living inside of her and at the moment as I continued to think, I thought about what I'd do if I ever put her and our baby in harms way. I shook my head at myself, such a horrible being I am. I needed to get myself together, but that there was the thing. I didn't know what was wrong with me anymore. If I was depressed, bipolar, psychotic or anything. I believed I was just plain sick and wanted attention but yet I now understood why I never got it, because I've never been worth it. When Serenity gave me the time of day, it actually alarmed me. I thought she was manipulating me just to please me, but it was real. It was the real her and her sweet intentions.

Her sweet intentions are what aggravated me the most though. I couldn't take it and I sure wasn't used to being so paid attention to and loved. Serenity never deserved to be hurt, and she sure didn't deserve to be hurt by me. The things that worried me were quite evident, what if my antics wanted to play out more, then I'd lose her forever by pushing her away. Knowing myself, I believed I was bound to more than that and send her into the assumption that she was just like me. I wanted it that way, so we both wouldn't suffer from confusion of our identities and what our purposes for each other were. Well this right here, was my purpose and I will continue to use my twisted accusations to turn her into what she needed to be in order to secure my love to her. This is it and this is the way we were going to live, happily ever after rather she agreed to do so or not. I'm the man, I have the control and my intent to control her is very well developed. I love her too much to ever let her go and I'm not giving up. She's mine and always will be, it'd be over my dead body if she were to go, maybe even over hers.

"Jacob?" A soft voice asked.

I turned my head quickly, seeing that it was just Serenity sitting up out of her trance. She just looked as if she needed the sleep herself, not even realizing she was out for hours. It was now midnight and I had yet to talk to her about my intentions as the father of our child and within our relationship.

"Look whose up. How was that nap you've been needing all day baby girl?" I asked.

"Pretty good actually but my wrists and ankles are really sore. I wonder what I did." Serenity simply said as she rubbed her baby bump and stood.

"Whoa where are you going?" I ask in slight panic.

"To eat, we're hungry." She implied, including the baby.

"Oh yeah, well just relax and I'll bring you something back." I insisted like the sweet man I am...or was.

"Okay, thank you sweetheart." Serenity's voice responded angelically.

I nodded my head and hopped down the stairs. I ran into my kitchen and grabbed her a quick bite to eat and ran back up to my room. Slightly out of breath, before I entered back in I breathed slowly and got myself together as well as my thoughts. This is it. I walked in and gave her the food while she sat there, I stood there hesitantly as to what I had to say while watching her eat.

"Serenity we need to talk." I began.

" About what?" Serenity asked.

"What you told me after you got home from work today." I said, looking as innocent as I could get.

"Oh," She paused. "Well sweetheart, I didn't mean to hurt you nor call you those words. I was out of line for doing such things and I hope you forgive me Jacob." Serenity explained sincerely.