Chapter 1

Steve's POV
I was walking into saints and sinners when 'somethin' 'bout a truck came on. I'm not a big country fan but this song is ok.

Almost as soon as I sit down at a table, I see this semi- tall bartender round house kick a drunk nearly knocking him out. So I decide to go up to her and just talk.

"Woah, didn't think you'd be able to do that." I say to get her attention. She just looked at me then turned around and went back behind the bar.

I just kept on staring at her, finding this girl interesting. So I ask her "do you have a problem with men or just idiots?" She then looks at me and raises an eyebrow. "Do I know you?"

"Steve Mcgarrett five-0 task force." I hold out my hand for her to shake. When she looked at my hand, the girl looked apprehensive. "I'm Amanda. Wait now I remember you, you're the leader of that task force, who will do just about anything to get the bad guys." I looked at her, surprised at her bluntness. "I don't know if I should take that as offensive or a compliment." She just chuckled a little bit "I mean it as a compliment, where I'm from at least half the cops are dicks."

"Where are you from again?" I ask. "I don't know if I should tell you that." "Well I guess we better change that." I gave her a grin. She looked at me with an amused smile. "I'll make you a deal, if you can make it till my shift ends, I'll consider going out with you tomorrow night." The look in her eye was challenging me. "You make it sound like this place will get crazy soon." "You have no idea who comes in here around 10:00 pm do you." She said with a smile. "Enlighten me." Amanda looked at the clock and sighed. "A whole bunch of bikers come in and at least half of them try to hit on me. Then they're lady friends come in on my shift the next day and try to beat my ass. And you still haven't accepted the deal."

"When does your shift end?" "11:00 pm why?" I gave her a smile, "how about instead of tomorrow night I take you out after your shift ends. We can do whatever you want." She looked at me then at the clock. "You got a deal. But if you try any funny business I will knock you down, I don't care how tall you are." We shook hands and just as she let go, the bikers came in. I turned around and she was right, at least half of them were giving me dirty looks. But I didn't care, I was talking to a very cute bartender and I can tell Amanda was into me just a little bit.

~~~Time Skip~~~
Still Steve's POV
For an hour I listened to these jerks talk about Amanda like she was some piece of meat. Right at 11:00 her shift ended. Amanda then put her apron up and was out the door, with me close behind her. "Thank you for staying with me till my shift ended, not many guys I know would do that." She gave me a small smile. "Your welcome. Okay what do you want to do?" "Where's the best place to watch the stars?" As soon as I heard her say that I was kind of surprised, because she almost didn't seem like the type to stay outside. "We can take my truck out to this spot I know. And if you want you can bring any weapon you have, so you can feel safe." Amanda raised and eyebrow at me, "okay I know just the weapon to bring."

We get to my truck and me being the gentleman I am, I opened the door for her. Amanda looked at me with a smile "Thank you" "your welcome." We then drove away from the bar and went to her house. As Amanda got out, I couldn't help but check her out. I mean who wouldn't. She's smart, strong, doesn't take shit from no one, and I can tell she has a thing for blades. About a minute later Amanda came out with a blue katana in hand. She opened the door, got in, and set the katana between her legs. "You have a thing for blades?" She looked at me and smiled. "Yea this was given to me by a friend, he gave his life to protect my family and I." "I'm sorry about your friend." I say with empathy. Amanda looked down with sad eyes and said "thank you." By this time we were at the spot I was talking about.

I decided to park backwards, with my tailgate facing the ledge. (I don't remember all the spots from the tv show, so please bare with me). I asked her not to move just yet. I got out of the truck, jogged over to the passenger side, and opened the door for her. "Your parents raised you to be a gentleman huh?" "Yea they did." I took her hand and led her to the tailgate. "I haven't done this since I went to trinity lake in the norther part of California. It was my dad, my brother, my cousin, her friend and I. We went to the docks one night and just stared at the stars. It was so beautiful and even though the water wasn't as high, it was still beautiful to look at the stars from the water." Amanda looked really cute just talking about the stars. I can see the way her eyes twinkle when she told me about her family. "I don't look at the stars very much, my mind is too focused on the water. Listening to the waves calms me down when I'm angry or upset. My house is on a beach, so I just go to my lawn chair in the backyard and look out into the ocean." I told her.

"You said you wanted to know where I'm from." I looked at her and nodded yes. "I'm from Modesto mid California, I never liked it there. I would always look over my shoulder when I was walking alone, carried a knife for protection. What about you, where are you from?" I looked out into the ocean then looked back at Amanda. "I was born here on Oahu, grew up here. I love it and I would do anything to keep these islands safe. Even though there are bad people on the islands, there are also good people. My Ohana is on this island." She gave me a frown, probably thinking about my last sentence. "Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten." I raised an eyebrow at her and asked her, "how do you know that saying?" "I got it from a movie Lilo and stitch, I love watching that movie. From what I get from the movie, it sends a message, it doesn't matter what species you are human or not you are Ohana."

(I don't own Hawaii five o just Amanda.)