Chapter 11

Amanda's POV
Just when things were going great, that bitch Catherine had to make bail and destroy my house. I told Steve that I needed to clean my house, seeing as I haven't been home in a while. Steve said he would help me, but once we got there all I saw was smoke. The fire department was there along with HPD. "Who the fuck did this to my house?" I ask. Then out the corner of my eye I see Catherine standing there with a smile on her face.

I'm about to go over there to knock her out, but Steve stopped me. "If you go after her now without evidence, you'll get in trouble. So until we can get evidence to tie her to the crime, you need to refrain from beating her ok." I don't look him in the eye. I can't right now, I'm too pissed to do anything but nod my head. "There were very important antiques in there, some that have been in my moms side of the family for generations. I can't replace the chest in my living room. It was passed down from my great grandmother to my grandmother to my mother then to me. There are picture frames of my family tree that I can't replace." I make a grab for my neck to make sure I have my great grandmother's - from my fathers side- necklace. When I felt it I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Warning there will be a little talk of suicide. So if it triggers something I'm sorry.

"Come on I'll take you back to my place and you can stay there from now on. Then I'll come back here and figure this out ok." Steve said, bringing me into a hug. I can feel Catherine burning holes in the back of my head, and I don't care. I have the best man in the whole world in my arms. He is the reason I didn't kill my self after my shift that night. I was ready to end everything even before I met him. But then Danny came in and asked me to give his friend a chance.

I'm glad he did, cuz if Danny didn't come in that night, I wouldn't be here. "Ok but please, can you grab my photo albums and hopefully my cedar chest. They're really important to me." He smiled, "of course, come on I'll ask Danny and the others to watch the house."

I know this is really short but I'm stuck right now and it would be great if some of you could give me some ideas. I promise I won't take credit for your ideas that's not who I am. But please comment, I'm really horrible at fight scenes and investigations. This is the first story I've published so please comment.