Chapter 10

Amanda's POV
I watched Steve and the others play with the kids. I'm sitting on one of the couches watching a movie with John and a few other boys. Seeing a bunch of kids climb all over Steve, Danny, and Chin was a site to see. Especially Steve, he would make a great father to any child.

Honestly if I could, I would adopt every kid in the orphanage even the teenagers. But that's impossible. As I'm looking around I see at least half of the kids are asleep, two of them fell asleep on Kono. I look down and see all three boys have fallen asleep on me.

Steve walks over to us and smiles. "Hey you doing ok?" "Yea why wouldn't I?" He looked down at John then back at me. "Well for one thing you kept John close to your side all day. And two you're the only person he calls 'mama'."

"(Sigh) ok maybe I'm attached to John but what can you expect, he was left on our doorstep and I was the first person he bonded with." I look at John seeing how peaceful he is. Steve comes in front of me and moves the kids off my lap. "There's something we need to talk about." He says taking my hand and leading me to the front door.

Steve's POV
Once outside I lead Amanda to the stairs. I know she doesn't like to beat around the bush. "Do you want to adopt John?" Her eyes got big and her mouth fell open al little. "Ummm well yes, but I figured you weren't ready to raise a child so I didn't bring it up. Why are you asking?"

I chuckle a bit, this causes her to frown at me. "Is there something funny I'm missing here?"

"No I'm asking because I want to adopt him as well, but to do that we have to be married." Amanda's hands went straight to her mouth. I moved from my spot on the step to kneeling on one knee in front of her. "I was going to wait till our anniversary but, seeing you chase after that guy today made me realize that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you and I don't care what Catherine says, you are the one for me. You are so great with kids, you know how to make them feel better and your voice can calm even the most angered person. I'm rambling, (chuckles) Amanda Elizabeth Miller will you marry me?"

She doesn't say anything for a moment then jumps into my arms. "Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Am million times yes!!!!!" Amanda pulls back then smashes her lips on to min, almost knocking us over. I immediately kiss back wrapping my arms around her. "It's about damn time you pop the question." Danny says, we pull away to see the team and John standing in the door way watching us. "How much did you hear?" She asks. "Enough to know that you want to adopt this little one." John just ran to Amanda's arms hugging the daylights out of her.

"It'll take a while but you will be apart of our family." I say to John. The look on his face was so cute. Amanda grabbed my hand and brought me into the little group hug. "Does this mean I'll have a family to come home too." He asked. "Yes and no matter what we will always be there for you, whatever happens you have me, Steve, five o and all our other friends. You are Ohana now." What Amanda just said not only had me in tears but John and everyone else as well.

I know that she is the one for me. Amanda doesn't put up with my bull shit, but understand's why I do the stupid stunts at work. That still doesn't stop her from getting irritated with me. Amanda knows how to deal with kids a lot better than me and as soon as we're married, John will be apart of our family.