Chapter 8

Amanda's POV
Dream
"You said you would protect him, you said you would bring him back, you lied!!!" I screamed at my father.
"He was better off working in the family business, and so are you." He told me, for some reason he's clam in this situation. Even though my brother forgot me, he's still my brother and I love him.
"HE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF THE FAMILY BUSINESS!!!!!!!" My father then got up and slapped me.
"Mind your manners girl, the only reason I don't kill you is because of your mother."
-dream end-

(Gasp) I shot up off the bed falling onto the cold hard floor. My falling woke Steve up, I groan and get off the floor. "You ok Amanda?" He asked, I look at the clock and see that it's 5:30 am. "Yea I'll be fine, another bad dream." Steve looked at me confused. "You haven't had a nightmare since that night with the biker."

I got back into bed and sat up leaning on the head board. "I know (sigh) they're more like memories. When I get into a fight or if I feel threatened the memories come back when I'm asleep. And last night wasn't an exception." I can feel tears in my eyes but I try to blink them away. Steve noticed this and turned my head towards him with his finger. "Hey, you ok? Do you want to talk about it?"

What do I tell him? That most of my family are drug traffickers? I guess this conversation was bound to happen. But I'm afraid if I say something I might scare him away, I could also make everyone here a target if word gets out that I talked. You know what fuck it, I'm going to tell him.

"I come from a family of drug traffickers, there are two reasons why I'm not in the family business. One is because of my mother. As long as she's alive I'm safe. Two I refused to follow my siblings in listening to our father. I would rather die that work for him. And no I don't know any of their routes or what they make. I don't know anything, my mother and I distanced ourselves from that life."

When I was done all I saw was hurt and fear in his eyes. "If you don't want to be with me, that's fine I understand."
"Hold on I thought you loved your family? I'm mean when we first met, the way you talked about them, it sounded like you were all happy."

"That was before I turned 13. In my family especially on my fathers side, when a child reaches 13 they must be brought into the family business. Weather they like it or not." When he heard that, he looked scared. I think Steve's afraid that's what happened to me. "But there is a loophole. One parent of the child or children can oppose the other preventing the child -in that case me- from ever joining the family business. My mother did that for me and it will stay that way until me or my mother are dead."

The next thing I know Steve is pulling me into his lap facing him, my legs on either side of his thighs, hugging me. "I don't care what your family does. It doesn't define who you are. You are my Amanda and nothing will ever change that." He put his hand on the side of my face, creasing it gently. "You're stuck with me weather you like it or not."

I close my eyes and lean forward, kissing him with so much passion. He kisses back with just as much passion and love. What was supposed to be a short kiss turned into a full on make out session.

Steve pulled back for some much needed air. "I'm sorry Amanda but I can't hold back anymore. I know I said I would wait till you were ready, but I just need you now. Please Amanda."

He didn't need to say anymore, I'm ready to give myself to him. "Take me Steve, I need you as well. I can't hold back anymore either, please."

~~no one's POV~~ warning this will be smut-
Steve didn't need to be told twice. He pushed Amanda down to the bed and continued to kiss her. Steve brought his one of his hands down to her thigh feeling Amanda tremble a bit. "Someone's eager." He smirked. All Amanda could do was moan at the touch.