Chapter 7

Steve's POV
I can't believe Catherine would ask that of me. To just wait for her like a butler. Amanda doesn't even expect me to do that. If she says she's going to be late, Amanda tells me not to wait up for her and go to sleep. She tells me that every time she works late and half the time I don't listen. Cuz there are times I just want to be in her company and just cuddle.

I'm sitting in the back waiting for Amanda to get done with her cookies. There's this song Amanda was singing the other day. I can't help but think about it right now, considering what just happened not even ten minutes ago.

I here a loud crash from inside the house. The next thing I see is Amanda stumbling out the back, Catherine walking towards her. I get up and run to Amanda, what I see is a black eye, a bloody lip, and a little cut on her cheek.

"Catherine what the hell are you doing!!!?" I put Amanda behind me to protect her. I feel her reach down into my pocket and grab my phone. "You really think some blade loving bitch can love you like me? We were together for years before this whore came into your life. I know everything about you. Even though I told you to move on I honestly didn't expect you to actually do it."

Just as she said that I saw Danny and the others come up behind her. "You're pathetic and manipulative. I'm glad we broke up. If we didn't I wouldn't have met a beautiful bartender, who loves kids, who isn't afraid to speak her mind, and who isn't afraid to beat someone's ass. Amanda would rather make sure I'm asleep when she works late, than ask me to stay up and wait for her."

As soon as Catherine's guard went down Danny came up behind her. "Catherine Rollins you're under arrest for breaking and entering, and assault. Put your hands behind your back." Catherine looked down at her feet, then put her hands behind her back.

Chin told Catherine her rights as he lead her back through the house out to a police car. I turned around to check on Amanda.

"Baby are you ok?" I ask her. The only thing she did was bring me into a hug. "You are the most amazing man I've ever met. I know we've only been dating a year but I love you and I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend." She pulls back a bit and there are tears in her eyes.

"Baby why the tears, there's nothing you should be upset about."

"But she's right, I have an unhealthy love for blades and you both have known each other a lot longer than you've known me.  And she does know everything about you." The tears started to fall.

I bought my thumb up to wipe the tears away. "Listen to me and listen well. Yes Catherine and I have known each other for a long time, and yes we were in a serious relationship. But that's all in the past. I'm with you, I love you and nothing not even Catherine can change the way I feel about you."

I brought a finger under her chin and lifted her head up a bit. "You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I would die for you, I love you so much. Please don't leave me over something like this."

"Oh baby, I love you so much too and you're stuck with me." Her smile is so beautiful, I couldn't help but smile.