Chapter 5

Amanda's POV
I can't believe what I'm hearing. No one has ever said my snort was cute. Nor had anyone ever said my voice was amazing. Either this guy wants to get into my pants, or he really thinks that. Honestly I can't tell right now. I've told him so much about my family, yet he hasn't said one thing about his. Well that's a lie, I know about his sister Mary, and he told me about his aunt Deb. But he refuses to talk about his parents.

Well I guess I can't blame him, since I don't talk much about my father. Actually I don't like to talk about him to anyone, except for my mother, Sierra and Alycia. Yes I mentioned my father a couple of times to Steve, but those times were before I turned 13.

~~time skip~~
Steve's POV
I helped Amanda onto the boat and, I couldn't help but notice how focused she was when she was baiting her hook. Then all of a sudden Amanda started singing a song.

After she was done baiting her hook, Amanda put her fishing pole down and leaned back against the side of the boat. "Who taught you how to bait a hook?" I just had to know, any girl who can bait a hook and sing at the same time is a keeper in my book.

"I learned by watching my mother and older brother growing up." Amanda looked out into the ocean as we were driving to the spot I was talking about.

I stopped the boat and looked at Amanda, "did you bring a bathing suit?" She just tilted her head in confusion. "Yes, why?"

"Good cuz I hope you don't mind but we're going to a different spot I know, it'll be great you'll love it." She smiled and nodded her head. "Sure, I'd like that. I haven't swam in the ocean since 8th grade." I smile and turn the boat back on, then we make our way to a little uninhabited island.

As Amanda was taking her cloths off I saw a tattoo of a tree with names with in the branches. "Nice tattoo, I'm guessing the names are of your family members?" She glanced back at me, "Yea, and are you checking me out?"

"Uh- well- I (chuckles) uh- maybe, is that a bad thing?" I ask looking at her. She turned towards me looking me up and down. "No, I was checking you out when you decided to talk to me. Not only that your partner, the detective showed me a picture of you the first time he came in."

"Basically Danny set us up." I said, "hmmmmm not really. He didn't tell you what to say and I chose to talk to you when you came up to me." Just hearing her say that filled my stomach up with butterflies.

I'm going to end it right here, please comment.