𝟻

»»𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎?««

Riley never really minded the whole superhero crap. Never paid attention to Iron Man as a kid, never had the costumes his friend wore, or pretended to fight in the invasion like many small boys did. But after the events with Spider-man the other night thoughts of the superhero had kept him awake at night.

"Fuck." He whispered to himself wriggling around in his bed, kicking the covers off slightly as he thought. He looked at his phone, it was two in the morning and Riley couldn't sleep. No way in hell could he sleep.

So he got up, putting on a colorful windbreaker and tying his shoes up before carefully climbing out the fire escape. The loud crash of the ladder going down and hitting the alleyways pothole ridden ground echoed through the neighborhood. Riley didn't care too much, worse shit could have happened.

He took out his headphones, careful not to turn it up too loud to hear what's going on around him, Riley began to walk. The streets mostly quite as it was a school night, but some taxis still passed by the orange glowing streets.

His converses lightly hit the seemingly constantly damp alley way asphalt, walking towards the main road. After around twenty minutes, Riley's hopes of seeing Spider-man again we're virtually gone. Not that seeing him was the goal of this walk, it was simply something he wanted to accomplish.

"Hey, fancy seeing you out so late." He heard from behind him. Turning quickly Riley saw a familiar set of white eyes with lens like eyelids staring at him from the top of a streetlight. The red suit almost completely blending into the dark sky from the lack of light.

Riley smiled, " What are you doing Spider-boy?" He asked cockily. The hero shrugged before he flipped off the lamp pole, landing a few feet in front of Riley.

"Just...looking for someon-thing I guess." Peter said as nonchalantly as he could, but there was no way he was denying that Riley made him nervous as hell. "Why are you out at like three am Riley?"

His smile grew as he walked closer to the suit clad boy, " Aw you remember my name." He joked towards the shorter boy. "I'm just walking around, can't sleep."

"Of course I remember your name, you're cute random guy. Can't forget a pretty face." Peter said back, instantly regretting his sudden confidence.

The taller boy laughed slightly as his face turned a shade of red. "Wow quite the flirt tonight Spider-boy?" Jesus this mystery boy was doing something to him, lack of sleep, constantly smiling, putting himself in literally danger walking around in the middle of the night just to see him.

"Well Mr.Parks, you bring out the worst in me." Peter said, again regretting it instantly, you could hear the smile leaking through his voice as the two boys walked around the empty streets.

Riley's curls fell around his face as he looked down at his feet. Spiderman's red suit covered feet could still be seen in his peripheral vision. "Well Mr. Man, I'm glad to hear that."

_________

"The fuck? You've been hanging out with Spider-man!" Toby yelled as they walked to school that Monday.

Riley's cheeks were already red from the cold morning air got darker as he shook his head. " Well kinda?" He said quietly ducking his head down after Toby's outburst.  " He's really nice, whole reason we started talking is because he didn't want me to get hurt. Which is his job. So I'm not that special."