𝟷𝟺

»»𝚢𝚎𝚙! 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎! ««

No matter how hard Riley tried he couldn't bring himself to ask Ellie to go to D.C on such short notice. He had gone through at least 67 different ways she could say no or he could mess up. Spill everything he's not really hiding about Peter. She doesn't really know, in no way is she stupid, but she's never really heard anything about Peter other than he's walking Riley to school or Riley is going over to his house. But he majorly fucked up. He fell asleep at Peters on a school night, which usually isn't a big deal when El knew where he was. The boys were sound asleep when Riley's vibrating phone fell off the top bunk of Peters bed, waking both of them up to find the thirty missed calls from an array of Riley's friends and sister. Peter, being the angel he is, quickly put his suit on and swung Riley back to his own apartment.

He's never really been one to be reserved, the night of his first kiss he practically ran home to tell Ellie how much he liked Grayson Sharpe, his first girlfriend was actually really close to El sometimes having girl time where they just watched sappy movies. But ever since this Peter Parker has been in Riley's life he has been sneaking out, constantly lying (not even using well thought out ones) and definitely hiding something from his older sister. She loved him to death and usually trusted him but when he walked into the house late that Thursday night with his cheeks flushed and his hair messier than ever, she put the pieces together.

She waited for him to get home from school, secretly planning a fun brother-sister get away for the night. She had bought tickets to see a one time showing of a double feature of an old 80's series at a local theater. It was five o'clock when she got worried, her hands starting to sweat as she riddled with the hem of her bright orange skirt.

Seven missed calls, eight o'clock, no texts, nothing. He's never been one to ignore her or not come home late without a warning. By midnight she had called a bunch of his friends parents, Marci's mom had no idea where he was, Marci even said she hadn't talked to him in a few days, Toby said he would be at Peters but had no idea where the boy lived. All of them called Riley throughout the night. When the clock struck 1:45 the sharp click from the lock on the door threw Ellie out of her worried state and quickly changed to furious. The lanky boy opened to door slowly, trying to be as quiet as possible tiptoeing around the cracked door. When he shut the door he turned to see his older sister surrounded by tissues and an ancient phone book trying to search for the Parker's number. His eyes tired, hair sticking out wildly from not only the sleep but the wind from the swing over, he had changed out of his school shirt into a surprisingly baggy sweatshirt from Peter.

"Where have you been Riley? It's almost two in the morning!? I've been worried sick, why didn't you call or anything?" Her voice hoarse and her large blue eyes rimmed with tears. She was worried sick about him, his well-being, if he was feeling okay, where the hell he was going. He never talks to her anymore, just the quick goodbye's in the mornings and the rare goodnight's.

"I-I was at Peter's, I didn't mean to stay this long we- we fell asleep. I was going to call I promise. I just.."

"I can't lose you Ry. " the tears still prevalent in her voice. " You are all I've got left and I really don't think it's healthy for me to," She huffed in frustration taking her glasses off and placing them on the worn phone book, " t-to have a fucking mental breakdown because you can't answer your phone. You have to do better Riley. For me."

His tired eyes were filled with guilt as he watched his broken sister clean up her tissues, " I'm so sorry El. I understand if you want to ground me or something. It's fine, I've been stupid recently, not really thinking about anything other than Pe- school. School." He stuttered his  voice cracking slightly as he tears continued to well up.

She nodded, " I mean you know I don't like to be like dad was Ry. And you've never done anything like this again, just.... talk to me. Please, I need you to communicate with me like we used to, Okay?" She got up from the couch walking over to the now crying boy or hug him. Her being much shorter than him served it difficult for her to comfort him. "It's okay Ry. Just talk."

»»————-————-««

The next morning Riley was awake at six, over cooked waffles placed on the counter with uneven chopped fruit. He wasn't the best cook but damn did he try. He knew Ellie probably wasn't in the best mood after their conversation last night from the soft sobs he heard through out the night.

He quietly walked into her dark room only small creaks in the floorboards could be heard.

"Hey El," he sat down next to her on the bed," I made breakfast."

She stirred awake, still wearing her orange dress from last night it was wrinkled and the sleeves had ridden up her arms.

"You didn't need to Ry." She yawned and wiped the sleep from her eyes to quickly check her phone." Shit."

"What's wrong?"

"I completely  forgot I have a trip this weekend for that teacher seminar. I got to go to  Allentown, Mr.Danvers was going to carpool with me and he texted me asking when I was picking him up." She huffed our the explanation as she rapidly packed a bag, she tried to straighten her dress but only moved around some of the folds. "I'm sorry Ry. I was going to try to spend sometime with you. God, I suck."

"No you don't. It's for work, I'm sure we can spend all next weekend together okay?"

"What about Peter?"

"I'll always ditch Peter for you El."

»»————-————-««

babe💕 and cutie💗

cutie💗 I may be coming to dc with you!!!

babe💕 really??

cutie💗 I wouldn't lie to you stupid
el is going to Allentown for some teacher thingy
So I'm going to cheer you and Ned on at nationals

babe💕 I'm excited
I wasn't sure if I could spend a whole three days without you :((

cutie💗 we won't have to find out Pete I'm literally always hanging out with you
I like you too much not to

babe💕 I'm suing
That was cute
Do you maybe want to meet up at that cafe near your house after school? I would walk you but I had to go in early :/

cutie💗 yep!!

babe💕 okay! It's a date :))
only if you want it to be
Sorry I don't
Want to force anything
Shoot sorry

cutie💗 Stop being so nervous dummy I like you A. LOT. So yes! It's a date
also don't apologize for finally rescheduling are date Pete

babe💕 sorry
uh I mean okay
see you in chem Ry!!💞

cutie💗 okay nerd 💞

»»————-————-««

A/n
sorry this sucks ass?!!! It's kind of different and a little bit of a filler but I wanted to slow down some stuff ! For real this time! Dc next chapter :)