Chapter 13: They're back

Kylie's POV

"So remember, she could be your witch that has caused all these things to happen to you." Taylor said as she walked with me to my classroom from last period.

"Taylor, I'll be fine, really." I said and stopped walking to look at her. "She won't hurt me, whether she's that witch or not."

"You don't know that."

"I do."

"So she never hurt you, neither did that creep nor that dark figure?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

I looked down. "Alright, the dark figure did, but that was one time!"

She pushed me to the side. "When was that?" she whispered.

"When we had PE, in the locker rooms. You were already gone, and I was alone. I was looking to my tattoo, and when I touched it, the dark figure appeared. I looked at it in reflex and that's when I found the courage to talk to it, but instead of just answering me, it took a knife and started pushing it against my neck while holding my hands above my head." I whispered, nobody had to hear all of this, it's crazy enough.

"Oh my God, why didn't you told me that?" she whispered back.

"Because it was one time." I said and started walking again.

"But it still happened. When it kills you, it's going to be also one time." she said, definitely making a point there.

I looked at her. "Don't scare me like that. I'll be fine."

We arrived at my classroom, Miss Moore was inside sitting behind her desk. I wanted to enter the classroom, but Taylor held me. "Oh no, you're not going inside when she's the only one inside."

"Taylor, she's a teacher, she won't try anything at school."

"She kissed you during detention!" Taylor hissed.

I rolled my eyes. "You're overreacting."

"I'm overreacting?! I only wanted to protect you! I'll come and get you after this period, be ready!" she said, raising her voice towards the end. Of course some people looked up at us because of that.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Elizabeth asked me when I entered the classroom.

"Yeah." I said, and went to sit behind my desk. I opened my backpack and noticed Taylor's books in it. Did she really put them into my backpack? She's really lazy. I took my textbook for the period, layed my head down onto my arms and waited for the bell to rang.

"You sure you're alright?" Elizabeth said and suddenly I felt a hand onto my head.

I shot up and saw Elizabeth sitting in front of me. "God that scared me. Uhm, yeah I'm fine. I already told you."

She gave me a look which indicates that she didn't believe what I said to her. "You sure?" she asked leaning forward on my desk.

"I'm sure." I said, afterwards I gave her a quick kiss and smiled.

She smiled back and went to sit behind her desk again. I'm starting to have my doubt about Elizabeth. What if she indeed was my witch and I was her human? But should I be scared of her, because she won't kill me, just the opposite, she wants love. So I'm good, right?

After class had ended, I made sure to be really quick, because Taylor wanted that. I walked outside my classroom and waited for her. In the mean time, the hallways became empty and soon I was the only one there. I looked around, kinda bored. I decided to sit down, who knows how long I had to wait?

I looked at my backpack, I thought back about the books from Taylor. I opened my backpack and took one out of it. It was the one with the explanation about the human-witch connection. I read it for about 10 minutes when I suddenly felt someone's glare on me.

I looked around, I saw no one, until I saw the dark figure hiding behind a wall. Alright, it's watching me again, why? Why did it come back? I leaned my head against the wall, not closing my eyes, because I knew the dark figure would come closer if I didn't pay attention to my surrounding.

After another 10 minutes, I decided to call Taylor. She didn't answer me, which I didn't like. I noticed the dark figure becoming more interested in me, so I stood up and walked outside the school. I walked to Taylor's house and knocked on it. I heard the bushes behind me making noise, so I knew the dark figure was in there. 'Please be home, please be home...', I thought

The door opened and there she was, Taylor. I quickly got inside and closed the door, I even locked it. "Lock all your doors and windows, fast!" Taylor didn't even question me, she hurried to lock everything. When we had closed everything, we walked to her bedroom. "I thought you were going to pick me after last period?"

"Oh right, I totally forgot." she said, giving me a weak smile.

"You forgot?!" I shouted. "I was in school, all by myself in the hallways for almost 30 minutes. I decided to read some more in your books, because you left them with me..." I said, giving Taylor a look. "After a few minutes of reading I felt someone's glare on me, so I looked around and saw the dark figure hiding itself behind a wall. I didn't hesitate for a moment, I got up, walked to here and now I'm here. By the way, it followed me, I heard it behind me when I knocked on your door."

"This is getting really creepy." she said as she hide herself underneath her sheets.

"You aren't the one who's been followed! I'm scared of everything." I said, placing my face into my hands.

"Oh Kylie, I'm so sorry." she said and pulled me in for a hug.

"Be careful, don't touch the tattoo." I said as I jolted away from her.

"Why not?"

"Because, I've noticed but also read, that if you touch the tattoo, the witch will appear. Even when you're inside a building. When you touch it, it's like giving her permission to enter the house." I said, looking at the tattoo in the mirror.

"That's so freaky. But, didn't Miss Moore touched it, ever?"

I looked back at her. "What are you trying to say? You really think she's the witch, don't you?"

"Kylie, come on, it's so obvious." she said and pulled me onto her bed. "Think about it, she has the same name, you got that tattoo AFTER you kissed her, the dark figure and creep disappear when she's around,..."

I looked down, thinking about it. "Alright, there maybe is a tiny chance that she's the witch, but like I already said... She won't hurt me. Ever."

"How so?" she asked as she folded her arms.

"Think about it, if something happens to me, she loses her perfect match or she loses her love interest. I'm safe." I said, smiling afterwards.

"Do you really think that?"

Right then my phone vibrated. "I'm really su - " I stopped mid-sentence when I saw who called me.