Chapter 14: The necklace

Kylie's POV

"Kylie, what's up?" Taylor asked me while she waved her hand in front of my face. I showed her my phone screen and looked at her. "Did you gave her your number?"

"Never." I said, kinda shocked.

"Well, answer it, you don't want it to be angry." Taylor said, making a point, so I answered it.

"Hey." I said, not really knowing what else to say.

"Hey, I just wanted to check if you're coming over tonight."

"Sure, I'll be home around 7pm."

"Alright, I'll see you then, bye."

"Bye." I said and hung up. That was strange.

"What did she want?" Taylor asked me after I put my phone away.

"She wanted to know if I came over tonight."

"What did you say?"

"I said yes."

"Why? She really could be the witch, Kylie." she said, afterwards she stood up and started pacing around.

"Because I don't feel safe anymore in my own house, I don't feel safe when I'm not sleeping with someone else." I said, looking down. "This is so messed up."

"What are your parents saying about all of this? They can't be fine with this! This will be the third time this week you're sleeping somewhere else than at your home."

"That's what I thought about too, but they don't call me. It's like they just don't notice that I'm not there."

Taylor came to sit back on the bed. "While you're sleeping with the enemy, I'll try to find stuff that could help us understand all of this."

"Ha ha, sleeping with the enemy. For all we know she could be a normal person who just likes me." I said, folding my arms.

"Maybe, but then you have a witch who wants you, and only you..." she said, kinda making me scared.

"Alright..."

_______________________________________

"You sure you're safe walking home?" Taylor asked me after she opened her front door.

"No, but like I already told you, she won't hurt me." I said, even though I was really scared, I kept saying that sentence over and over again, and after awhile I started to believe it.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow at my locker, bye." she said, waved me goodbye and closed her front door.

Alright, I can do this, it's just 10 minutes, that can't be hard, right? I started walking, and of course, I felt like someone was watching me, but this time, I even saw it's shadow on the floor. And because of the changing in positions, I could see it very clear, it was a woman. That actually made me less scared, if it was a guy, it could've been so much worse.

I ignored it, it was difficult at first, but I've learned how to concentrate on the good things in life. I started to feel safe until I suddenly felt something in my back. I felt a sting that hurt so much right where the tattoo was. Even though it was hard, I kept walking to my house. When I arrived home, Miss Moore wasn't there yet. I went to sit on my doorstep and took my phone.

Just as I wanted to call her, I noticed the dark figure in front of me, standing a couple of feet away. I looked at it, just like it was looking at me. Alright, so she has to be the witch that wanted me, I was her perfect match. But what if it was just some kind of burglar who wanted to steal stuff from my house...

We kept looking at each other for a few minutes, I placed my phone in a way so it had a perfect view on the dark figure because I was recording it. After I had done that, I suddenly found the courage to talk. "What do you want from me?"

It didn't say anything, but it moved, indicating it listened to what I was talking about.

"Can I help you with something?"

Again it didn't say anything, but this time, it throw me something. It was a necklace (picture to the side).

I looked at it, it was an ordinary necklace. It wasn't expensive clearly, because it was black cord with some sort of stone hanging on it. The stone was red.

"Do I need to wear this?"

At this the dark figure shook it's head yes. Finally some kind of conversation.

"Right now?"

Again it shook it's head yes.

I looked at it, again, before I wore it. Right when it was around my neck, the dark figure disappeared. That was strange.

After a few minutes, Elizabeth appeared. "Hey, are you coming?" she asked, not even getting out of her car.

I stood up and walked towards her car, I entered it and looked at her. She was smiling at me, she caressed my face and kissed me. My lips immediately started kissing back, I had to kiss back, it felt so good.

After awhile, she pulled away and rested her forehead against mine. "Let's continue this at home." she whispered to which I nodded.

She smiled and drove us to her house.

_______________________________________

The next morning, I woke up and felt safe. I don't know what it is with Elizabeth, but whenever I'm with her, I feel safe. Maybe I do have feelings for her...

"Hey, good morning, my girl." she said as she nuzzled her face in the back of my neck.

"Good morning." I said and reached for my phone. I only wanted it to check the time, but as I had it, I noticed I had a text message from Taylor. I opened it and it read: 'Kylie, whatever you do, don't go to Miss Moore, I found something...'

Alright, that scared me. But it was to late, I already was with Elizabeth. "Hey, what are you doing?" she asked me as she wrapped her arms around my naked waist, pulling me closer.

I put my phone back onto the nightstand and turned to look at her. "I was checking the time, we can't be late for school for the last day of the week." I said smiling as I wrapped my arms around her neck.

"Do you have many classes today?" she asked in a tone which indicated she wanted something from me.

"Why?"

"Just asking."

"You don't just ask me stuff, it's always for a reason."

"Alright, you got me." she said and leaned her forehead against mine. "I wanted to spend this whole day with you."

"You want to skip school?" I asked to which she nodded. "But you're a teacher?"

"Yes, but I don't have any classes today."

"Oh now I get it. You want me to skip school so you could have fun with me."

"Exactly..." she said, smiling. "So, are you up for it?"

"I think I am..." I said, thinking about it. Taylor definitely wanted to show me something, not going to school and miss that isn't a smart thing to do, certainly not if I stay with the one I had to stay away from. And should I really skip school? Alright it's maybe the beginning of the school year, but that's not a good reason to skip. But if I do skip, I can stay with Elizabeth the whole day...

"You think you are or you sure you are?" she asked, caressing my face.

I looked at her and smiled. "I'm sure, I stay with you."

"Wonderful." she said and smiled.