Chapter 29: Tears

Kylie's POV

It's been a week since Nina died. Today was the day she was getting buried. Normally she was getting buried earlier, but her parents were to emotional or something like that...

Even though I could stay at home, I decided not to. What was I supposed to do at home? I would only think about Nina and about how much I missed her. At school, I at least had some distractions.

At least I thought so... Since the moment I walked in school, everyone was looking at me. Everyone started to whisper and point at me, couldn't they at least have some respect for me and Nina?

I walked towards my locker and saw Taylor waiting there for me. "Hey, how have you been?"

"I don't know." I said as a few tears left my eyes.

"Kylie, you should go back home, you're clearly not ready for school." she said as she pulled me in for a hug.

"I know, I just don't want to be alone at home." I said, sobbing onto her shoulder. I needed this, hugs. My parents wanted to give them to me, to be there for me, but I wouldn't let them be close to me. For some reason, I only wanted Taylor's attention, and she knew this. That's why she gave me as much as she could every time we were together.

"Alright, follow me." she said and linked arms with me. When we were walking, people were still looking at me which reminded me of Nina which made me more sad than I already was. Taylor obviously noticed and didn't let that slide. "Hey people! Leave Kylie alone! She's been through enough! Have at least some respect for her!" she shouted through the hallway.

I didn't look up, I kept looking down and let Taylor guide me.

_________________________________________

"Are you sure you're going in there?" Taylor asked me as we stood in front of my English classroom. The whole day Taylor was by my side, making sure I was alright. But now, during English, she couldn't do that because we weren't in the same class. But she also feared this class because of Elizabeth. Me and Elizabeth didn't saw each other for these past week now. Even the dark figure and that creep are gone, which only proved my point that she was those persons. At least she had the respect to leave me alone when I needed some time alone.

"I'll be fine." I said, showing her a weak smile.

She smiled too. "I'll pick you up after class." she said and hugged me again.

"Thanks Taylor. For everything." I said as we broke apart from the hug.

"It's the least I could do." she said, smiled and walked away to her class.

I sighed and entered the classroom, no one was inside. I took a seat and rested my head onto my arms, I started to cry a little because I was alone again. Suddenly I felt someone's hand on my head which made me jolting away from it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare you." Elizabeth said as she showed me a weak smile. She was sitting at the desk in front of mine.

I looked at her, not knowing what to expect now. She was my witch, she knew I had a girlfriend and that my girlfriend...died. She was really jealous of her, so she's probably really happy now.

I didn't answer her immediately, I layed my head back down onto my arms. "It's fine." I whispered, trying so hard to keep the tears from falling.

Again Elizabeth's hand was onto my head, it was going through my hair. It's weird but I actually liked this, it made me calm down again. I closed my eyes and enjoyed this relaxing feeling. There wasn't a single moment over these past two weeks that I didn't cry, so I was sure going to enjoy it.

"I'm so sorry." she whispered. But I didn't know if she was talking to me or not, so I just kept my head down not really paying attention to what she was saying. "This shouldn't have happened to you."

This time however I looked up because I heard her sniffle. And I was right, she was starting to cry. I stood up and pulled her in for a hug. I don't know why I did that, because I didn't like to hug anyone right now, but I felt bad for Elizabeth for some reason.

"You don't need to cry." I whispered in her ear as we were hugging.

She pulled away from our hug and smiled at me. "I should be the one comforting you."

I smiled back. "It's fine." I said and went to sit back down and so did Elizabeth.

"Seriously though, how are you doing?" she asked as she placed her hand on top of mine.

I looked at it, knowing very well she was planning something. "What do you think?" I asked, clearly not wanting an answer to that, and pulled my hand back.

"Kylie, you don't need to distance yourself from everyone, it won't help you any further." she said soft, clearly not wanting to hurt my feelings.

I knew what she meant, I understood it, but it's easier said than done. I looked back down and felt tears leaving my eyes. I whipped them away before talking again. "I know." I said, my voice broke since I was still crying.

"Why don't you go home, Kylie? You're clearly not ready to be here." Elizabeth said to which I nodded.

"I know, but I don't want to be alone." I said, hugging myself to comfort myself.

"Hey," she said as she lifted my chin up so I looked into her eyes. She whipped away the tears with her thumbs and smiled at me. "You're never alone, you can always go to your parents, or call Taylor..."

"I know."

"You can call me too, you know." she said to which my eyebrows raised. "Kylie, I know we broke up, but I want you to know I'm still here for you. I care so much about you."

I didn't know whether I had to be happy or scared because of that. Happy because I knew she won't hurt me and she wanted to be there for me. But scared because she could do something weird to me so we would get back together or something like that.

"Thanks." was all I said.

"You're welcome." she said and smiled.

"I'll get going then." I said to which she nodded. "Bye." I said as I walked out of the classroom.

"Bye." I heard her say.

That was nice...and weird.

_________________________________________

Here I stood, around a huge hole in the ground where my girlfriend would be put in to. Her whole family was here and of course, Taylor, me and my parents were here too. We all stood around the hole while the priest said some stuff.

After that some people said some things about her. Her parents obviously did together to support each other. But also her godmother and godfather, her sister, Taylor and of course me. Jessica and Michael wanted me to go last, I have no idea why.

Eventually it was my turn, everyone looked at me while I walked to the front where everyone could see me. I looked around and saw sad faces, of course. I gulped and took a deep breath. I didn't prepare a speech or something like that, I was just going to say what came to mind.

"Hey everyone, I'm Nina's girlfriend. We didn't date for that long, but our feelings for each other were so strong. I think it was love at first sight, for me at least it was. I had never seen someone as beautiful as her. And the way she looked at everything, with that sparkle inside of her eyes, as if she saw something magical every single time." I said, looking down. "I remember the first time I stayed over for dinner at her house, I also stayed the night. We watched a movie, actually her favorite movie, Titanic. And of course when the boat sank she started crying." I said, laughing while crying. "I love her so much and I didn't even got the chance to tell her. She will never know." I said, looking down and whipping away the tears.

Suddenly I felt hands on both of my shoulders. I looked up and saw it was Jessica. "Kylie, Nina loved you too, she told us that day."

At that moment I couldn't describe how I felt. I felt happy because I knew she loved me just like I loved her, there's no greater thing to know than that. But I also felt sad because she didn't knew about my feelings, she won't ever know.