Chapter 21: Time

Kylie's POV

"Kylie, wake up, sweetie!" mom shouted to me but she jumped when she saw me next to her in the kitchen. "Wow, you're early. Normally I would have to drag you out of your bed."

I took a seat at the table and ate my cereals. "Not today." I said as my foot kept tapping against the ground.

Mom looked at it, afterwards at me. "Why are you so impatient today?"

"I'm not impatient, I'm just excited, that's all." I said, smiling when I got a text.

"Oh now I get it! It's that new girl, what was her name again?" mom asked as she placed a hand on her forehead.

"Nina." I said as I replied to her text.

"Oh right, Nina! So, I'm assuming the date went well?" she asked, smiling.

I nodded my head. "It was perfect."

"I'm glad to hear that." mom said as she went to put everything away. "At least she's your age..." she mumbled, but I heard it.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, getting defended.

Mom turned back around and an annoyed look was visible on her face. "Kylie, we already talked about that. But now it doesn't matter anymore because you have Nina."

"Talked about what?" I asked, standing up now.

Mom sighed before she answered me. "About your crush on your teacher."

When she had said that, I gulped. I don't want to think about Elizabeth anymore, I know she's my witch and I know she'll follow me, but she's not the most important person in my life anymore. Although I'm wondering if she ever was...

"I understand. And by the way, I'm over her now. Like you said, I have Nina now." I said, smiling big. "But I have to go now, bye mom."

"Bye sweetie, don't hesitate to bring Nina with you tonight." she said excited. I rolled my eyes and closed the door, I waited outside for Taylor to arrive. I had gotten a text that she had picked up Nina so she was going to be here in a minute.

I went to sit on my doorstep and looked at my phone, I went through the pictures me and Nina had made last night during our date. Just seeing them made me smile like crazy. I kept going through them until I suddenly felt someone's glare on me. I knew this wasn't just someone, this had to be Elizabeth.

I decided to ignore it, mainly because I wanted this chapter of my life to end. Besides, Taylor and Nina would be here soon anyway. But Elizabeth clearly didn't want to waste any time, she got closer to me. Want to know how I knew that? Because I could see the reflection of the dark figure into my phone, it was standing right in front of me, I could even see it's feet.

I was still waiting for Taylor and Nina to arrive now, why are they taking that long? Normally they would've already been here. I looked at the time and that's when my eyes widened. According to the time on my phone, there was no time! I can't believe this, did Elizabeth make everything around us stop just for this? I didn't know she was that powerful.

That's when I thought back about the necklace, I discretely looked at it and saw it was lighting up a lot. So she's at her most powerful, then what does she wants from me? All I could give her was more energy.

After awhile I got bored and decided to look up and that's when the dark figure finally did something. It took me by the collar of my shirt and pushed me into the wall of my house.

"Hey, stop this!" I said as I tried freeing myself.

Of course the dark figure didn't listen to me nor talked to me. Instead it's hand held my neck now and started choking me. I tried freeing myself while I kicked the dark figure with my feet. And that's when the dark figure pulled me up so it held me by my neck but my feet were off the ground. This started to hurt really bad, was it going to kill me?

"Stop!" I tried shouting while I tried to free myself, I kept kicking everywhere in the hope I'd hit the dark figure.

Suddenly I saw it, it was smiling. Although it's face was still hidden, I noticed it's teeth. The dark figure is enjoying to see me like this...fighting for my life! Alright at this point I knew that Elizabeth was crazy. No one should enjoy watching someone fight for their life.

That smile caused something in me, because suddenly I felt brave. "Stop this, Elizabeth!" I shouted and that's when the dark figure stopped choking me, it's as if the dark figure couldn't believe what I had just said. For awhile it kept looking at me like that until it disappeared.

"Thank God." I mumbled and that's when my friends arrived.

"Hey Kylie, are you coming?" Taylor shouted and opened the passenger door for me.

"I'm on my way." I said as I walked towards her car. Once I had entered and sat down, Taylor grinned at me. "What?"

"Don't you want to go sit with Nina?" she asked, grinning even more.

I looked at her, afterwards at Nina. "Does she knows?" I asked Nina.

"Yep, I told her. I'm sorry but I had the biggest smile on my face this morning and Taylor asked about it and I was just so happy about us that I wanted to share it with her. Actually I want to share it with the whole world, I'm so happy." she said and leaned in towards me.

I turned more towards her and leaned in too so our lips could meet again.

"Alright, you two are so cute together!" Taylor almost shouted after we had kissed.

"Thanks Taylor, now go before we're to late!" I said, looking at the time, we were going to be late if she wasn't hurrying.

When we finally arrived at school, we were to late. We had to go to the administration. Once we were there they told us we had detention today after school. After that we walked to our class.

"To bad, I wanted to do something with you." Nina said to me, smiling.

"Like what?" I asked, getting closer to her.

She took my hand and intertwined our fingers, I looked at it and smiled. It just made me feel happy to know we're dating. And that's when it crossed my mind, neither of us asked the other to be in a relationship, like girlfriend and girlfriend. We weren't official, now we had a relationship like Elizabeth and I had, and in my mind this relationship was way more than what I and Elizabeth had.

"Nina, can we get out of here?" I whispered in her ear.

She smiled at me, indicating she liked what I was saying. "Sure."

After that, I pulled Nina with me. Taylor asked what we were going to do, and once we said we wanted to be alone, she understood. She went to class and was going to tell the teacher we weren't coming.

I took Nina with me out of school. The surroundings from the school are beautiful. Right in front of school was a bench, I walked us towards that and we went to sit down. We both looked around for awhile until Nina looked back at me.

"So, what's going on?" she asked as she leaned in closer.

I leaned in closer too. "This, what's this?"

"You mean us?" she asked to which I nodded. "I don't know." she said and looked away, but I saw her blushing.

"Nina," I said and took her hands in mine which made her look at me. "I really like you. Yesterday was so much fun and I don't want this to end. I want everyone to know that you're mine and that I'm yours."

"I want that too." she said, smiling even more.

I smiled too. "Nina, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"Of course, I would love to!" she almost shouted and got up, walking to me. We hugged each other and afterwards kissed each other, and that's when I felt the same glare on me as this morning. Elizabeth is watching...

"Let's go back inside." I said, I didn't want to risk something to happen here. I knew now that Elizabeth was hurt and that she wanted to take revenge, clearly.